DIRT please help a brand new customer and give honest answer about primetime anytime not working

That known issue isn't the problem you are having. Your issue is something completely different.

Is you Hopper connected to your router with ethernet?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Thanks for the reply. Yes it is connected via ethernet. What are you suspecting it could be?

Go into the broadband menu. Select network details. Hit the red key and choose wireless. Do you see any green OKs? If so, try pulling the ethernet cable out and see if performance improves.

Go into the broadband menu. Select network details. Hit the red key and choose wireless. Do you see any green OKs? If so, try pulling the ethernet cable out and see if performance improves.

I will do this. The wireless router is in the same tv cabinet of the Hopper so I suspect I will have no problem getting a good wireless signal. Thank you for idea I will try and post the results.

Latest update night of 9/16
Thank you to everyone today who have provided great ideas and have tried their hardest to fix my hopper.

I turned off primetime anytime off earlier in the day to see if tonight would be different and if the Hopper would run smooth and the locals would record. I suspected it would have due to the numerous primetime anytime issues similar as mine I have read on the Internet.

Then lucky86 instructed me to switch from my wired router Internet into the Hopper and instead use wireless. I first turned primetime anytime back on and it gave me a warning that it wouldn't start recording shows till tomorrow. I turned wireless Internet on everything is green ready to go.

Currently primetime anytime ie recording all networks except ABC strange the second night in a row ABC isn't recording on tuner 5. Menus guide seem to be running normal speed but it's early in the night I'll check in a few hours. I suspect a more accurate test of PTA will take place tomorrow more because I turned PTA off and on.

Latest from DIRT refusing to replace my hopper
I do understand your frustration. Again, Our engineers are working to resolve this issue and we are hoping to see a resolution in an upcoming software patch. One other current work around would be to delete all current timers and then reset them up after resetting the Hopper.

After ptat is done I'd try recording abc to make sure it works. I would even run a check switch to ensure signal is good and then check it out tomorrow night.

I think your box should continue operating normally now that you removed the second IP connection.

If it's a software issue, thank goodness that Dish tech support is no longer swapping boxes that will have the same problem. At best, it "closes" the ticket as being resolved....

I wouldn't call it a software issue, but instead the way the router and Hopper interact and how the router handles IP assignment and a loop it can get into.

After removing the second connection, if enabled, I would even go as far as rebooting my router.

I'm very happy to report that primetime anytime is working great for the first time in several nights!! Menus seem smooth and everything is working.

I know how the dual Internet got started..
When the dish installer came I did not have Internet but I yet because I had just moved in a new house but I had my wireless router plugged in. The installer went ahead and got a wireless signal with the Hopper and the wireless router knowing I would soon get Internet installed. Once I got Internet I didn't want to continue the wireless signal and I wanted to use ethernet instead. I consider myself a technical person and I went through the menus to change the Hopper from wireless to wired Internet. I did not just plug in an ethernet cable into the Hopper and call it a day. So it seems the Hopper has a problem forgetting the wireless router, in other words it has a problem transitioning from a wireless Internet to a wired Internet home.

I will now become a paid member of the satelliteguys forum because of your technical help and big special thanks to lucky86 I would like to buy you a lunch.

P. S if I wanted to switch back to a wired Internet connection I'm thinking the best way for the Hopper to forget my wireless Internet is to change the WiFi password?

You got it. And congrats on getting up and running. That's awesome, and I would have never thought of it. WTG Lucky!!!

I wouldn't call it a software issue...
Sorry, I was referring to issues in the past where it was know to be software-related yet "tech support" routinely would swap boxes as if that had much chance of resolving it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have had this problem for the last 6 months and the hopper/w/sling has been replaced 4 times & still the same problem & 5 techs have been here & replaced cable, lmbf, node & this has not fixed anything. All you get from Dish is a runaround to get you off the phone as quickly as possible or send another tech. Will not be a customer much longer.

Did you read how I fixed my problem? Could it be that you somehow got dual Internet going into the box?
I have had this problem for the last 6 months and the hopper/w/sling has been replaced 4 times & still the same problem & 5 techs have been here & replaced cable, lmbf, node & this has not fixed anything. All you get from Dish is a runaround to get you off the phone as quickly as possible or send another tech. Will not be a customer much longer.

If I'm not mistaken, Windows PC and I think Macs automatically disable network connections to avoid this. The last one connected "wins". Why can't the Hopper do that ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)