DIRT

onethree

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Oklahoma
How do I go about talking with a DIRT member? I currently have two 622's and would like information about upgrading to two Hoppers.

Or go to the very very top of the forum, not the Dish forum. At the bottom is a list of everyone online at that moment. Dirt members will be in red.

As an aside does the new hopper with sling allow you to stream your media across your local area network. My upstream is very low (less than 700k) so I don't think I can successfully stream via the internet but I would be interested in streaming to devices within my home.

As an aside does the new hopper with sling allow you to stream your media across your local area network. My upstream is very low (less than 700k) so I don't think I can successfully stream via the internet but I would be interested in streaming to devices within my home.

I have a 512k upload on the internet, and while streaming isn't that good of an experience, it gets the job done enough to watch a show if necessary.

My upstream maxes at 632k, and it does fine. I get some stuttering every now and then, and the occasional low bandwidth message. Good luck.:)

what is a DIRT member?

I am looking to change out all my equipment for Joey/Hopper stuff

DISH Internet Response Team. The best way to get something done with DISH! ;)

Thanks. I got all the info I needed to support my hopper/ joey install, I just wish they would just ship me the stuff and let me do it.

The one thing that stands in the way is I wanted to keep my (owned) 722 to use in my RV so I can use the dual tuners to run 2 TV's,but they will not let me activate is once I switch to Hopper. They will let me activate the 211 I currently use in the RV, but its a single tuner.
Also they will let me have Two 211's in the RV, but they have to sell it to me. Maybe that private installer (non dish) would be willing to make a receiver trade :).
I never did ask if I could lease a 3rd Hopper and Joey for the RV :)

Yes, you can stream within your home network. You will get faster speeds especially if you are connected with an ethernet cable. Thanks.

The third Hopper is a purchased receiver. You are allowed 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys leased on an account. All additional receivers must be purchased. Please let me know if you have additional questions. Thanks.

Thanks. I got all the info I needed to support my hopper/ joey install, I just wish they would just ship me the stuff and let me do it.

The one thing that stands in the way is I wanted to keep my (owned) 722 to use in my RV so I can use the dual tuners to run 2 TV's,but they will not let me activate is once I switch to Hopper. They will let me activate the 211 I currently use in the RV, but its a single tuner.
Also they will let me have Two 211's in the RV, but they have to sell it to me. Maybe that private installer (non dish) would be willing to make a receiver trade :).

I'll bet you have a lot of recordings on your VIP 722, that you will need to move to an EHD after the Hopper install.
If you ask nice they may allow you to leave the 722 activated until you tell them you have moved all your recordings to EHD. I have no idea how many months (years) it might take before you remember to ask them to deactivate. You will have to continue to pay the monthly fees for the 722.

I'll bet you have a lot of recordings on your VIP 722, that you will need to move to an EHD after the Hopper install.
If you ask nice they may allow you to leave the 722 activated until you tell them you have moved all your recordings to EHD. I have no idea how many months (years) it might take before you remember to ask them to deactivate. You will have to continue to pay the monthly fees for the 722.

In case they don't let him keep it activated (which since its purchased shouldn't be to surprised if the tech forgets to disable. Accidents happen) he will want to transfer before the install. Once it is disabled you can't xfer and it has to have signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)