Dirty Dozen HD DVD on Netflix?

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Just curious if Dirty Dozen is on Netflix. It's the only title that Blockbuster Online doesn't have listed for rent of the titles coming out this Tuesday 9/26.

So far, it doesn't look like Blockbuster has missed any HD DVD releases. This might be the first.

-John

jgantert said:
Just curious if Dirty Dozen is on Netflix. It's the only title that Blockbuster Online doesn't have listed for rent of the titles coming out this Tuesday 9/26.

So far, it doesn't look like Blockbuster has missed any HD DVD releases. This might be the first.

-John
Netflix has it.

jgantert said:

-John

Yepper! #2 in my queue, after F&F Tokyo Drift, which sounds like a dumb movie but I'm curious about all the In Movie Experience special affects. Robin Hood, Grand Prix & Lake House are 3-5 in my Q. I just returned 3 discs Friday; it will be fun to see what I end up with on Tuesday. :p

EDIT: The Netflix queue just got lighter. Based on the glowing review of Grand Prix at highdefdigest.com, I ordered Grand Prix and Robin Hood from Amazon this morning. :)

Last edited:
%#!@% Netflix!!!!

Well, OK, this is my first screwup with Netflix, but when they screw up they don't fool around! I had 3 discs returning to them this morning, and Tokyo Drift, Dirty Dozen & The Lake House HD DVD's at the top of my Q. I got excited when I saw Tokyo Drift & Lake House as shipping today . . . . until I noticed the format had changed from HD DVD to DVD! :mad: I tried emailing them as I couldn't find any phone numbers listed anywhere on their site. Nothing. Then I did a Goggle search and came accross a well hidden toll free # for Netflix customer support. I actually got to a live person, but he couldn't stop the regular DVD's being shipped today, no explain how the format was changed. By the time I got through all that, they'd skipped over Dirty Dozen and processed Troy. At least it's in HD DVD. :p

By the way, should anyone ever need it, Netflix's toll free customer support # is: 888-638-3549. (Hopefully the FBI won't come a'knockin' for giving out this well kept secret) :D

Netfix New Releases

Quick question....

I have been a Netflix member for less than a month and I started off just watching old Sopranos that I had missed and some older movies. I just started looking through new releases and it seems as if they have "new releases" a month or more after, say, Hollywood Video or Blockbuster. Is this the case?

Thanks
-Adam

PowerCommunications said:
Quick question....

I have been a Netflix member for less than a month and I started off just watching old Sopranos that I had missed and some older movies. I just started looking through new releases and it seems as if they have "new releases" a month or more after, say, Hollywood Video or Blockbuster. Is this the case?

Thanks
-Adam

No, they seem to get most new releases on the day of release. I rent mostly HD DVD's from them, and I've had many shipped on the day of release. And, they shipped out Lake House and F&F Tokyo Drift DVD's to me today (even though I wanted the HD DVD), and the DVD release date is tomorrow. All in all I think their service is really good.

I haven't been inside a Blockbuster in this millenium. :rolleyes: They really ticked me off in Honolulu in the mid-90's when they came in & put almost every independent rental stores out of business, and their "New Release" section - with higher rental prices - seen to consider anything released within the past decade to be a "new release".

Hollywood Video is pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)