Dirty Feeds and LNB's how to clean ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Hi, I have few old Feeds and LNB's they are very dirty with dust and some of them have oxides inside. Any idea how to clean them safely.?

In the past, on corrosion in the throat, I've used a small brass brush. Looks like a toothbrush, just slightly larger.

I like the Scotchbrite method better. Less chance of leaving brass/bronze whiskers inside your LNB. Just need to be careful not to snag and bend the probes in the throat with either method.

I once had this clear antenna spray paint I got in a pot luck box at the local big electronics store. I used one of those "chain link" stainless scouring pads and then sprayed the feeds with a light coating. Worked fine. But you do have to get all metal particles out of the tube before spraying.

Since I have run out of the spray, I have been just using the scouring pads. I have toyed with the idea of car wax in place of the spray, but never did it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)