Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
OK, so I thought I'd save a few bucks. Replacement ink cartridges for my old hp deskjet 660 cost more than a replacement printer. So I get one of these $9 kits at Wal Mart to refill the things.

I ended up having to throw the black cartridge, full of new ink, in the trash because it began profusely leaking from a previously innocuous and non-leaking hole in the bottom edge of the cartridge. Nothing I could do would stop the leak.

Now the $50000 question. How the **** do I get this blasted black ink crap off my hands? Nothing I've tried will touch it! I would bet it will be 4 days to a week or more to wear off naturally, I really don't feel like explaining to a bunch of people why I have "101 Dalmations" hands.

The kit did seem to do the trick for the color cartridge in my newer 3320 by the way. So I guess this saved me about 10 bucks so far. Assuming I don't have to have plastic surgery to get rid of the ink stains.

If what dfergie suggests doesn't work try some Lava soap or if worst comes to worst, paint thinner.

409, "goo be gone", hair spray

Gonna see what else I can find around here, thanks for the suggestions!

Neutron said:
If what dfergie suggests doesn't work try some Lava soap or if worst comes to worst, paint thinner.

You watched we wash 'em! Mabye if I had some Lava or something I could have done a better job.

Look here vincent, I used the same soap you did and when I finished the towel didn't look like like a ******* maxi pad! It's **** like this that's gonna bring this situation to a head!

FYI to all ... the refils will wreck your print heads, there is a reason HP and Epson can charge what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)