disappointed

iml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
All I can say is I am very dissapointed in my install process so far. I posted couple days ago that I decided to pull the trigger and sign up with Voom.

1. Sign up day, the CSR tells me he can't pull up any install dates and to call back the following day.

2. I call Voom the next day and the CSR tells me for some reason they cannot pull up any install times for my area and that she would call the installer so they can call me directly. She told me I should hear from them that day about scheduling an install date.

3. They never call so I call Voom back and the CSR states that he sees the notes and to wait an additional 2 to 3 days.

I will continue to post progress but it sure isn't very pleasant so far.

Just for reference I am in the Corpus Christi, TX area and the installer name I think she mentioned was Airtron.

iml said:
All I can say is I am very dissapointed in my install process so far. I posted couple days ago that I decided to pull the trigger and sign up with Voom.

1. Sign up day, the CSR tells me he can't pull up any install dates and to call back the following day.

2. I call Voom the next day and the CSR tells me for some reason they cannot pull up any install times for my area and that she would call the installer so they can call me directly. She told me I should hear from them that day about scheduling an install date.

3. They never call so I call Voom back and the CSR states that he sees the notes and to wait an additional 2 to 3 days.

I will continue to post progress but it sure isn't very pleasant so far.

Just for reference I am in the Corpus Christi, TX area and the installer name I think she mentioned was Airtron.

have voom to give you the company name and number and call them up your self and see when they can get you install and if that don't work send me you info Name phone to tyork37@msn.com and i will see what i can do

tyork

Thanks.

I got the name and number and the installer told me 8 business days out because they have to wait to receive the equipment from Voom.

The lady at the install company said they could do it sooner if they were to get the equipment in sooner.

She also mentioned they were having a ton of problems getting the OTA stuff and she wanted to warn me that they couldn't guarantee it. I asked her about the antenna and she said it was a winegard, she did say it was amplified.

Is this the more powerful model that Voom will install or is there a different model?

that is what they send out for all installs, very good antenna if you are within 25 to 30 miles

tyork

I think I will be pushing 25-30 miles actually.

I may call this week to check if they shipped equipment to installer yet.

Iml
the installer should know when he comes out with the antenna if he know it want work the is surpose to have a different antenna on his truck to make sure you have the most of you channel like abc, nbc cbs. fox that is if they are in the same location all his has to do is call from you home and tell them what he is going to install and they will usally approve it right on the spot.

t

thanks, when I talked to the installer they said they had major problems getting OTA in my area...when I asked about the antenna they said they only carried/installed that one model

I have a feeling they aren't very good installers.

Just a note..... it does not take 8 days to receive equip....

iml said:
thanks, when I talked to the installer they said they had major problems getting OTA in my area...when I asked about the antenna they said they only carried/installed that one model

I have a feeling they aren't very good installers.

I don't stock a upgrade antenna either but if i get a work order and i see that there may be a problem with the sensor than i go get a upgrade antenna before i go to the customer home and have it when i go . so they should know before they come if it will work or not.

tyork

mudpup2003 said:
Just a note..... it does not take 8 days to receive equip....

Mudpup,

I know it don't take 8 day but what been happen to me is that one day i get the IRD, then the next day i get the antenna , than the remotes , than the dish lately for some reason they are not coming all in one day. when i Fedex they said that they just get separted at the terminal and that is why they don't get here all on the same day.

t

Okay...now I'm confused (again!). Last summer I heard different things from different installers as to who determined and acquired the OTA antenna. The usual story was that it was the local installer, but sometimes the installer would tell me that VoOm hadn't shipped the upgraded antenna.

When I got my reinstall, I took pains to nail down all three sources...VoOm, Installs, and the local installer. This time they all told me the same story...that VoOm does not ship the OTA, just the dish...and that it is up to the local install company (and of course, subsequently, the local install person to determine and buy the OTA).

What's the real scoop here? :confused: Vicki

Vic,
Voom ship rec, dish, remotes and the sensor antenna but what i was saying that it all gets separtated in shipping so i may not get all at the same time . as for a upgraded antenna voom does not ship these out the installer has to buy it when need and voom pay them back.

t

OK, thanks T! That's essentially what I understood (regarding an upgraded OTA), but I didn't understand that VoOm does ship the initial sensor antenna. But I can't tell you how many times I've talked to installers who were supposed to come install an upgraded OTA (long after the initial install)...and had them tell me they couldn't make it or they were bringing a different antenna than what VoOm had told me...supposedly because VoOM didn't ship them the upgraded OTA. That's why I pinned all sources down on my re-install. I knew somebody wasn't telling me the truth previously...just hadn't been sure who it was until this last go-round.

Thanks, Vicki :)

iml said:
Thanks.

I got the name and number and the installer told me 8 business days out because they have to wait to receive the equipment from Voom.

The lady at the install company said they could do it sooner if they were to get the equipment in sooner.

She also mentioned they were having a ton of problems getting the OTA stuff and she wanted to warn me that they couldn't guarantee it. I asked her about the antenna and she said it was a winegard, she did say it was amplified.

Is this the more powerful model that Voom will install or is there a different model?
I have an amplified wineguard 8200. It works great and I am in a dead spot. Without the amplifer I don't get anything.

TYORK,

Where do you guys get your stuff..... ??? not a knock on you but Jesh tell them to get it togather... all my orders arrive in a max 2 days... everything togather.... straight from my dist...

mudpup2003 said:
TYORK,

Where do you guys get your stuff..... ??? not a knock on you but Jesh tell them to get it togather... all my orders arrive in a max 2 days... everything togather.... straight from my dist...

i comes out of Memphis Tn, but i think it is more fedex than anyone cause most of the time they have the same ship time, but i is not really been a issue for me i don't have the shortage problem that everyone else claim they have. I think since voom started i have only had resh. 2 install due to equipment shortage and that has been over a year ago.

t

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)