DiscEqc Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wxman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
I have two dishes being fed thru a DiscEqc coupler into a Pansat 2500. All is configured correctly. When I scroll through all the channels on Sat A I get reception....then when I go to the channels in Sat B (DiscEqc input #2) all works OK. Here is the problem ....when I go back to scroll through the channels in Sat A (DisceqC input #1) I have to turn off the power to the receiver and turn it on again to get Sat A channels. I have tried two DiscEqC couplers so that is not the pro9blem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your attention to the foregoing.

Make sure you power the unit off (switch in back) when adding or changing stuff

Only thing I can think of is on the satellite where its port 1, is it selected?
The unit will pass through port 1 even if it isn’t selected in the setup. But if you change to another and go back, it probably won’t go back

wxman1 said:
I have tried two DiscEqC couplers so that is not the pro9blem. Does anyone have any suggestions? QUOTE]

Two of the same brand couplers? or different brand couplers?

Some brands are problematic.

It could be;

1) Problem with cable shielding? which prevent ground return needed by switch. You could try a separate ground wire between dish and receiver, if switch works better then I would suspect your cables.

2) Mismatched LNB's. If one LNB is current hog, it won't let the switch change off of the power hogging LNB. So if this is the case, your #2 LNB is the power hog. Try swapping LNB's or positions on the switch. There is a fix, by installing a .6 attenuator (Radio Shack) in line with the power hog.

3)Switch settings in your receiver? (I don't know anything about that model)

Good luck

Thanks Iceburg. This is strange....I changed Connector 1 to 2 and the previous #2 to #3 (on the DisCeqC) and reconfigured the setup. (had the power off at the back while we changed everything and checked the settings even after a reboot and all is well. The same thing happens ....I go to SatA (now on connector 2)...all Ok (b) scroll to Sat B signals now on connector #3....all Ok... BUT when I try to get signals from Sat A again (on Conn #2) I have to power down and up again and all is well. Sure got me puzzled..looks like my only solution is to use the power switch to clear it and start up again.

Should I blame the full moon tonight ???

Thanks JerryT....hmmm intersting point you bring forth. Both seitches I have tried are the same mfgr. The lNB's are Fortec Star (FSKVU's). Maybe a different mfgr's switch worth a try.

Thanks again for the note.

Bad cable...you'd almost think so, but if it was, I would think I would have some signal degredation between the satellites which I don't. (may not take much loss to affect the switch though I assume. I'll check the attenuation and see how we make out.

Appreciate your patience.

wxman1 said:
The same thing happens ....I go to SatA (now on connector 2)...all Ok (b) scroll to Sat B signals now on connector #3....all Ok... BUT when I try to get signals from Sat A again (on Conn #2) I have to power down and up again

My guess is mismatched LNB's. Try swapping lnb's. Use should always use port A (1) on diseqc switches. Some of the switches I have, use port A to power the whole switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)