Disconnecting splitter

ESA1178

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Sacramento, CA USA
So I have a 922 that 'ghosts' to another TV elsewhere in the house.
I would like to do away with that setup and just use the 922 for one TV only.
Currently there is a 3way splitter hookup.
Can I remove the splitter and connect the coaxial directly to
the 922? If so, what connection would I hook it up to?

Thanks!

Mark

ESA1178 said:
So I have a 922 that 'ghosts' to another TV elsewhere in the house.
I would like to do away with that setup and just use the 922 for one TV only.
Currently there is a 3way splitter hookup.
Can I remove the splitter and connect the coaxial directly to
the 922? If so, what connection would I hook it up to?

Thanks!

Mark

The 922 needs two satellite connections, for tuner one and tuner two. You need that triplexer unless you want to run a second satellite line into the back of the 922 directly from the dish.

You currently have a diplexer outside that combines two satellite lines from the dish into your home on one line so you don't need to drill a second hole. Then in your case you have a triplexer which takes that one line running into the house and separates it back out so you have a line for tuner one and two. The triplexer also takes the tv2 video back out to the tv2 room, but that has nothing to do with what you are asking.

So right now I have the coaxial into the 3 way. I have not messed with the splitter connections to the 922.
Guess I will leave it the way it is. Was I being charged for each additional TV remotely connected to each 922?

Thanks!

Mark

You said 3-way splitter... You sure it isnt a 2-way? If you're only ghosting one tv, it should be a 2-way. A 3-way will have three outs on it and one in. A two will have two outs and one in. If it's a two way splitter, just remove the coax going to the tv you're ghosting. Then take the line coming from the diplexer and the line coming off of the receiver and barrel them together. Or if you have coax and the tools just run a line without a barrel in it.

EDIT: Nevermind. Thought you meant ghosting as in having a third TV mirroring the other. But yea as the guy up above said, gotta have that triplexer in there. If you don't want TV2 the only thing you could get away with is unhooking would be the home distrubution which would be pretty much pointless anyway.

Depending on what OP is referring to, the triplexer could be removed and replaced with a separator. As was previously stated seems kinda pointless though. Need more information from OP to be of any more help.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

If you aren't moving where the 922 is, you don't need to do anything. Leave all connectors as is on the back of the 922. Put the 922 into Single mode and it will work better, also will give you PIP, FWTW.

If you are moving the 922 to where the "TV2" location is, you will need to change the wiring where the diplexor is, possibly outside or in a structured wiring panel. If you don't really understand that, you are probably best off having a tech come out and do it for you. Also, if you are in an older house, the current line to TV2 may not be sufficient to run the 922.

Last edited:

Switch back from Direct to Dish...Questions

locals pixelating/jutter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts