Discovery Hd And Ng Hd

cableguy79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Dont have a link, but got in the mailbox today..... Between March 20th and March 22nd, both channels will be launching in the io lineup...Discovery HD theatre and National geographic HD in all areas except the Woodbury Spectrum. FINALLY!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :)

If you're sticking it Sean, it must be true. Sorry to doubt you cableguy79 but you don't have a good track record here. Remember those VOOM is coming posts?

Gotta love CV, D* puts NGHD on part-time on Channel 77, so finally CV pulls the trigger and brings us 2 new HD channels. One that has been requested since god knows when, DHDT!

I recall the same thing happened with TNT-HD, D* launched it, then within a month, CV launched the channel as well. Hey the more HD the happier I and many other HD folks are. Hope you are correct Cableguy79!

I NEVER said that we were getting Voom, I said that it was in the Bethpage office and theres no reason we shouldnt be getting it other than cablevision being cablevision.....check out all my other posts, ive never been wrong.

Why wouldn't Cablevision advertise this? 15 second spots on the channels that they own couldn't cost that much.
:confused:

<<SNIP>> Between March 20th and March 22nd, both channels will be launching in the io lineup...Discovery HD theatre and National geographic HD <<SNIP>>

There is a certain part of Woodbury that is only analog, something with the town codes and all that govnt mumbo jumbo bs, therefore, they cant get the io package and cannot get HD.

bandwidth

Where are they getting the capacity for two new hd channels?
Not too long ago they had to turn off inhd2(now sny) to show a PPVHD Boxing match! Can we say HD-Lite?:mad:

i can confirm that hbk can confirm... dont ask me how or why (i dont know if he wants me to tell), but he has known about this for a little while

its true

Cablevision has reached agreements to begin carrying two new High Definition (HD) services:

Discovery Channel HD Theater is an HD channel from The Discovery Channel with it's own unique HD programming. It will be made available to all customers subscribing to Family Cable or above with HD equipment on iO channel 727. Discovery Channel HD Theater programming includes wildlife, nature, travel, geography, and more.

National Geographic Channel HD is a high definition simulcast of the National Geographic Channel. It will be made available to all customers subscribing to the iO ($9.95) Package or above with HD equipment on iO channel 726. National Geographic Channel standard and high definition programming includes documentaries, news, drama, lifestyle and more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)