DiscoveryHD not in DolbyDigital 5.1?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DRAKO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
VA
Im a previous D* customer and I used to have DiscoveryHD as part of the HD package that's offered with them.

As you guys know DiscoveryHD does repeat some of its documentaries. So while watching this channel with my D* service several of these documentaries were in shown with 5.1DD sound (one that comes to mind is "The Blue Angles") My receiver always picked it up as DD5.1 with D* but I just saw that same show in DiscoveryHD with VOOM and my receiver only picked up DolbyDigital 2.0

At first I thought it might be something else, but I have several other Voom channels that Do send the 5.1 signal to my receiver fine (connected via optical cable BTW)

Iit never occured to me, but now that I been watching this issue for the last couple of days DiscoveryHD never gives me 5.1 audio, so whats up???

several other documentaries that were 5.1DD in D* are only 2.0DD in V*

does voom not transmit 5.1 for that channel for some reason or why do I only get DD 2.0?

uhm i feel a bit dumb by posting this now, but now Amreican CHopper just came on and thats in DD5.1, hahahahahah

yeah I must have had bad luck never catching one with the 5.1 sound, but yesterday when watching the blue angels one, it was 2.0 and I swear I remember on D* it was 5.1

werid, at least voom seems to be passing the 5.1 through :)

since I saw that otherone (American Chopper) in full 5.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)