DisEqc 2x1 switch & HH Motor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dplus

Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Hi,
I have a FTA receiver that is not able to handle motor and DisEqc 4x1 switch at the same time. My current configuration is:

1 circular polarization LNB
HH Motor

What I want is to add a Standard LNB to the existing LNB, but still have the ability to move the motor.
My receiver cannot handle the 4x1 multiswitch and Motor at the same time. But is has the option of Tone Bursting ('Sat A' and 'Sat B') separately from the Motor handling.

My question is: If I install a DisEqc 2x1 switch between the LNB's and the Motor. Will the DisEqc 2x1 switch interfere with Motor (or viceversa)?

Thanks,
dplus

The option that you mention is for 22hz switch and it should work if installed between the motor and LNB(F)s. You can use this type of switch if you use a standard LO 10750) LNB(F). Universal LNB(F)s use 22hz to switch between hi and low LO frequencies 9750 / 10600. Your receiver should be able to communicate DiSEqC commands and 22hz simultaneously, but some receivers do not handle this .... Satworks 3688 comes to mind.

A DiSEqC switch should always be installed between the motor and the LNB(f)s. Many DiSEqC switches suffer an early demise as they do not hold up well to the current draws of the motor if installed between the receiver and the motor.

Remember to turn off the receiver's main power before connecting the DiSEqC!

22 Khz switch

Thanks Brian,
Then I think you are suggesting me to use a 22 Khz switch instead of the 2x1 DisEqc switch. My biggest concern with the 22 Khz switch is the power. I have seen some types of switches that may block the DC signal going to the LNB for polarity selection. For example the Steren 201-740 22khz switch has 2 inputs that are labeled (14v/22Khz Sat A) and (18v SatB). I think it means that DC power is limited in each port.

Do you recommend any particular brand of 22khz switch? Or can I get any brand and will work with the LNB without any problem?

Thanks,
dplus

What type of receiver are you using?

I have a Pansat and have the motor between the LNBF and the Diseqc and it works fine :)
(I even hooked the diseqc between the LNBF and the motor and it worked too)

Receiver

Hi Iceberg,
Actually I'm not sure. I just can see a legend that says DVB receiver, DisEqc 1.2 compliant. I can't see anything else on it.

About the 2x1 DisEqc switch, I think it will work because if I enable Tone Burst Sat A or Sat B, I still can move the motor without a problem (Same case if I enable the 22khz tone). But what do you recommend? A DisEqc 2x1 switch or a 22khz switch?

In the case that you recommend a 22khz switch, am I going to have problems with the polarity switching on LNB's due to the 22khz? or there should be no problem?

Thanks,
dplus

There wouldnt be any problems
honestly, they work the same....port 1 and port 2 or 0k and 22k

I've used both and they work the same :)

Usually the switches will indicate if they are power passing, locking or blocking. Usually we only use 22khz or an external 0/12 VDC switching if the receiver doesn't support simultaneous DiSEqC commands.

Iceburg, your DiSEqC must be one of the better quality switches. Over the years I have replaced dozens of DiSEqC switches that have a burned out port or completely dead. The popularity of 4x1 switches is starting a common call to our tech call center. Customers are not capping the unused ports and moisture is shorting out the units.

SatelliteAV said:
Iceburg, your DiSEqC must be one of the better quality switches. Over the years I have replaced dozens of DiSEqC switches that have a burned out port or completely dead. The popularity of 4x1 switches is starting a common call to our tech call center. Customers are not capping the unused ports and moisture is shorting out the units.

Its a DMSI one :)

I've worked with video products enough to know to cap off unused ports :)
(I was happy when the Rat Shack discontinued coax terminators...they dropped to .37 for 2..just picked up 4 sets today) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts