DiSEqC command to reset a motor?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

qwert1515

SatelliteGuys TheList
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
Los Angeles CA
Does anyone know of a DiSEqC command that is the same as pressing the reset button on a motor to reset/re-zero the motor (SG2100 or SG9120)?

Thanks.

I'm not aware of any such command. I figure that is why each motor brand has its own hardware re-set procedure. I've never noticed such a commmand in the Eutelsat docs, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just gave another look through but I don't see anything. I'd be interested if such a command exists also.

There isn't any reset command listed in the official Eutelsat spec, however I'm prettys sure that I've seen reset commands on some receivers (I forget which one). There are a couple "reserved" commands, so perhaps one of the reserved commands is being used as an unofficial reset.

Although there is no "reset" command though, there IS a "RE-Calculate Satellite Positions" command, which is 6F. This was discussed in another thread in the Azbox section recently. Apparently this command has two flavors, a 4 byte command and a 6 byte command. Apparently the 6 byte command uses user location info to reprogram pre-stored default sat parameters somehow. It seems like the 4 byte command must be something similar to the analog "resync" function, whereby all sats are adjusted by adjusting the position of one sat. This re-calculate command seems to do part of what a hard reset would do, so maybe that's all you need.

Several years ago I had a Stab 100 HH motor that I wanted to re-set and couldn't figure out how. I e-mailed the Stab company and they replied that I needed either their mini positioner device which had a zero button that re-set the motor or I could borrow a Fortecstar receiver(I can't remember which model) which was also capable of re-setting the Stab. Instead I sent the motor back to the seller but my point is if the mini positioner and fortecstar receiver could re-set the stab then they must be sending a DiSeqC re-set/zero command although it might be proprietary to the Stab motors and not work on others.

Thanks, I also checked the Eutelsat docs without much luck, I have been wondering how the Stab's mini positioner device zero button works.
If I can't find a DiSEqC command I might have to come up with a way using a solenoid attached to the motor...... (A DiSEqC command would have been so much easier) :rolleyes:

Not exactly.

When using USALS and my motor looses its "zero" position I have to figure out what "fake" longitude will pick up the satellites correctly. I then use this "fake" longitude to drive the motor to where the "zero" position should be (True South @ 118.8° W in my case) and then I go out to the motor to press the reset button and cut the power to the motor to "reset / re-zero " the motor. The I go back to the receiver and enter my longitude into the receiver and I can use USALS perfectly.

I was wondering if there is a DiSEqC command that will do what pressing the reset button on the motor does.

Thanks.

The command should have been 6E , typo.

I would try sending it a DE 0.0° command and see where it moves to, if it doesnt move to anything but 0° then there is something wrong.

The motor doesnt use your long/lat or calculate anything. The receiver takes that info and uses it to calculate how many deg east or west to move the motor, then uses the 6E command to tell the motor how many deg to move.

Different receivers seem to use different algo's because I enter my same long/lat into all my receivers yet they all send different commands lol. in TSReader I have to lie about my lat just to get it to arc correctly on the outer edges.

if it doesnt move to anything but 0° then there is something wrong.

I am trying to fix that when it happens. (Example - The motor moves to 1° instead of 0°, I want to drive the motor back to 0° and reset it)

Below is from the second PDF.
HARDWARE RESET
1. Make sure the power from the receiver is turn -on. The indicating LED lights on.
2. Drive the motor to 0° via the manual button.
3. Probe the RESET button behind the bottom of the motor via a thin rod for 2 seconds. The LED
blinks in Orange Color. The reset process is OK while the LED is green. The preset Satellite
Table will be re-install and the current position will be set as 0°.
Please cut off the power for the
motor first before any operation.

I guess I am looking for the DiSEqc command that does the following: "The current position will be set as 0°".

I am trying to fix that when it happens. (Example - The motor moves to 1° instead of 0°, I want to drive the motor back to 0° and reset it)

Below is from the second PDF.

I guess I am looking for the DiSEqc command that does the following: "The current position will be set as 0°".

I think the 4 byte 6F recalculate command will do that, although I'm not positive.
If you have once done the reset to zero thing and saved a sat, then later the zero gets scrambled, I think doing the 6F on any sat will bring the zero back to it's proper position, provided that you haven't done any diseqC-1.2 save commands after the zero got messed up. To avoid this possibility, you might store a dummy sat at ZERO, and only use it to recalculate the zero, however the question is how do you know where zero is, when driving the motor back to zero. Doing the 6F command on a real sat allows you to drive to a known position.
I don't know for sure, but I THINK that the 6F command doesn't do a complete reset to factory conditions, but I could be wrong about that. I HAVE done the 6F recalculate command in the past, but I can't remember what happened. Unfortunately I used it after my zero had gotten way out of whack, and I had resaved about half my positions already, relative to the wrong zero, so it didn't help me much. When I used the reset button on the motor, I then re-found all the sats via USALS, then re-saved the diseqC-1.2 positions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts