Diseqc Motor won't move..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nlan

Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
Hi all,

I've bought a motor to use with my PCI receiver (a Hauppauge Nexus-s).
The motor is a Superjack DG-120+.

After playing with the setup for some time, I realised that the receiver cannot supply enough current to move the motor.

This is not a diseqc command issue, as the motor even hesitates to move when using the buttons on it. I have tried various LNBs on it, so this is not an issue either.

Would anyone know of an inline LNB power amplifier that I could use to rectify this problem? This receiver claims to provide up to 400mA to the LNBs, but i doubt that!

Many thanks
Nikos

Nikos, I had a Nexus-s for a few years, it didn't have a problem moving my dishes. I had it on a heavy Winegard 1 meter for a bit, it seemed to work ok. I've never really had problems with cards moving dishes as long as the drivers supported it, but I have read on varous forums that if the computer power supply is lacking, there will be problems operating a motor. Something you could try, or even another computer if you have one available?

I have the same motor. I thought I was the only one in the USA who owned one. Where did you buy yours?
Mine works fine with my Coolsat 4000 Pro & Coolsat 6000 Premium. What makes you think it's a power problem?

Guys,

Firstly thank you all for your replies.

USDownLink: I will look into the product by SPAUN, thanks for investigating

Starman: I haven't tried it on another PC thinking that my 630W $$$ power supply was good enough, maybe i should. I will!

bloomdog: I got it from an eBay shop from Germany. Hopefully it's an original one and not a chinese immitation! (I live in Greece by the way)

Many thanks guys, will keep investigating & let you know once i sort it out.

Nikos

Well after thinking about it, and seeing that the SPAUN inline amplifier costs almost 100 euros, I just spent the same amount and ordered an Azurewave AD-SP400 card.

This has an extra on-board power socket so it shouldn't stress the motherboard, plus it has native support for dvb-s2 and diseqc1.2. Will report back with results when it arrives!

Nikos

Hi Nikos, I would be really interested in how you like the Azurewave AD-SP400. I was going to order one, but in the end it was a toss-up and I got the DVBWorld 2104 instead. I may order the Azurewave anyway, I have one more empty pci slot on my motherboard. I did some research on it but I missed the fact it has an on-board power socket.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)