Diseqc Motor won't move..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nlan

Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
Hi all,

I've bought a motor to use with my PCI receiver (a Hauppauge Nexus-s).
The motor is a Superjack DG-120+.

After playing with the setup for some time, I realised that the receiver cannot supply enough current to move the motor.

This is not a diseqc command issue, as the motor even hesitates to move when using the buttons on it. I have tried various LNBs on it, so this is not an issue either.

Would anyone know of an inline LNB power amplifier that I could use to rectify this problem? This receiver claims to provide up to 400mA to the LNBs, but i doubt that!

Many thanks
Nikos

Nikos, I had a Nexus-s for a few years, it didn't have a problem moving my dishes. I had it on a heavy Winegard 1 meter for a bit, it seemed to work ok. I've never really had problems with cards moving dishes as long as the drivers supported it, but I have read on varous forums that if the computer power supply is lacking, there will be problems operating a motor. Something you could try, or even another computer if you have one available?

I have the same motor. I thought I was the only one in the USA who owned one. Where did you buy yours?
Mine works fine with my Coolsat 4000 Pro & Coolsat 6000 Premium. What makes you think it's a power problem?

Guys,

Firstly thank you all for your replies.

USDownLink: I will look into the product by SPAUN, thanks for investigating

Starman: I haven't tried it on another PC thinking that my 630W $$$ power supply was good enough, maybe i should. I will!

bloomdog: I got it from an eBay shop from Germany. Hopefully it's an original one and not a chinese immitation! (I live in Greece by the way)

Many thanks guys, will keep investigating & let you know once i sort it out.

Nikos

Well after thinking about it, and seeing that the SPAUN inline amplifier costs almost 100 euros, I just spent the same amount and ordered an Azurewave AD-SP400 card.

This has an extra on-board power socket so it shouldn't stress the motherboard, plus it has native support for dvb-s2 and diseqc1.2. Will report back with results when it arrives!

Nikos

Hi Nikos, I would be really interested in how you like the Azurewave AD-SP400. I was going to order one, but in the end it was a toss-up and I got the DVBWorld 2104 instead. I may order the Azurewave anyway, I have one more empty pci slot on my motherboard. I did some research on it but I missed the fact it has an on-board power socket.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)