Diseqc Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sharks

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
Hey all,

I have 3 dishes/single LNBs connected to a Coolsat diseqc (1.0 standard) switch that is going to my Pansat 5000 HC (1.3 standard). Every so often (approx once every two days), I get no LNB signal from anything. By trial and error, I found out that if I turn the diseqcs off on two of the dishes, then on the third, turn the LNB power off and on, I regain LNB signal. then I proceed to turn on the diseqc on the other two dishes in sequence. I have to keep doing this every few days when all my signals cut out...

Question1: Anyone experienced this before? Is this a faulty diseqc switch? Does this problem stem from a difference in standards between the switch and the receiver (though the receiver is of higher standard)?

Question 2: As an aside, with some of the talk about 0.3db LNBs these days, has anyone done a comparison between an Invacomm and an Extreme?

thanks

Any help would be appreciated...

I've had troubles like yours for a while. I really didnt get to figure out a particular sequence that would make my fta/diseqc setup work because the whole fta thing was only as a hobby. However, I did realize that factors like brand of diseqc switch, cable lengths, and fittings were factors to some of these troubles. You might want to check yours. As for myself, im drawing up plans to hopefully get back into the fta game, especially to find those pre-season NFL games. Possibly.

Sharks said:
Question1: Anyone experienced this before? Is this a faulty diseqc switch? Does this problem stem from a difference in standards between the switch and the receiver (though the receiver is of higher standard)?

Here are some things to investigate...

Is the DiSEqC switch located indoors or outdoors? If located outdoors, is it located in a weather proof box that is not prone to heat (such as being in the sun) or water entry from rain?

Have you checked/tested all of the cables for any breaks or oxidized fittings? Are you using waterproof/protected fittings on all of your outdoor connections?

How old is the DiSEqC switch? Have you tried using another DiSEqC switch?

Have you tried removing all but one LNBF and seeing how long that lasts without trouble? Have you tried to remove the DiSEqC switch completely and just using one LNBF at a time?

What firmware version are you currently using (Latest version dated July 24, 2005 is available for download at the pansatusa website)?

Sometimes if you just power down the receiver with the switch on the back everything starts to work again, had to do it myself last night!

Its a pain!

Hey all

thanks for the comments:

Pete, unfortunately, powering off/on whether soft or hard reset hasnt worked.

Dejanet, I havent weatherproofed Diseqc switch though that is a good idea. just installed 1-2 wks ago. it is brand new. It does get exposed to plenty of sun on the rooftop though i have had the problem intermittently at night as well. Last receiver firmware I loaded was mid July when I broke open receiver from box so i will look into latest update, thx.

Question: have recently gone through alot of time to organize channels etc. A receiver update should not affect all other settings..is that correct?

Thx

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts