Diseqc Switch Compatibility Woes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Over the last couple years, i have purchased many different brands of Diseqc switches. You know, i cannot find a diseqc that works with the all the different devices i have.

For example, the chieta diseqc switches work with all my STB's but i cannot switch with my PC using the USB tuner card. But, if i throw in a cheap china swich, it works with my PC USB tuner card, but not one of my STB's.

I feel like I'm slamming my head into a wall. Makes it tougher. For example, i can watch most channels on my STB's, but not the 4:2:2 channels. So, i watch those on my PC. But, it only works with diseqc port 1. With regards to the PC, would this be an issue with the DVB software? or the Tuner Card? or potentially both?

There are committed and uncommitted DiSEqC switches and 1.0/1.1/2.0/2.1 formats. The switch default is port #1 if power is reset. If the DiSEqC command is low amplitude or not correctly formatted or uses a different format, the switch will remain at port #1. Maybe the cheap switch is a different format or responds to lower strength DiSEqC signals?

A scope could be used to display and compare the command signal amplitude and string forms. It could be hardware, software or user settings.

Maybe it would be easier to slave the PC to a STB and have the STB set the switch path and polarity?

Reactions: iBoston
Good point, i should have mentioned that. Both the Chieta and other three diseqc switches I have tried are all labeled as Diseqc 2.0

I wish i had a scope... :)

If setting up a slave as PC, how do you keep the PC from stepping on the switch? Do you just disable the diseqc stuff on the PC tuner settings, and then turn to the channel on the Master STB, and then jump to same channel on the PC? - Usually, i turn off the master, and then the pass-through goes to the PC USB Tuner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)