DiSEqC Switch not working help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

melbfla

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Hello everyone looking for any thoughts ideas comments . As you have seen my post before about doing a Cband on a ku dish on the setup has been working but now does not seem to work at all, never quiet seem right slow thru diseqC switch I have bypassed the motor on the ku setup and nothing . I have try another diseqc switch same brand new one, viewsat sw-41 4 in1 diseqc switch also nothing . I can manually change the wire outside from the lnb and the lnbf and both work so is it the quality of the switch or something worst like the receiver ? PS the ku is a universal
Thanks
Regards

If you are running the motor thru the switch, that is what most likely cooked the switch.
Also always turn OFF all power sources when handling the switch. Static will also destroy it.

I noticed the 75 ohm terminators on the diseqc switch in the other post. I don't think that is recommended.
Not sure what it will do to the switch. Anbody?

I noticed the 75 ohm terminators on the diseqc switch in the other post. I don't think that is recommended.
Not sure what it will do to the switch. Anbody?

Diseqc switchs do NOT need to be terminated. I'm not sure it'll hurt anything, but it's just not needed.

The LNB(F) power will likely burn out the 1/8 watt resistor in no time.
18V/75?=.24amp
.24x18=4.32watts
So no harm*, no foul, it will seal the port. *(except for the resistor)

Reactions: jorgek
Why would there be power on an unselected port on the switch?
Depends on the switch, but some have power at all ports all the time. The only thing that is switched is the signal.

My Ecoda 22khz switch has power on all ports but my Chieta 1x4 Diseqc only shows power on the selected port.

Yep all depends on the brand and how the switch was designed. Makes no difference if it is 22kHz, DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, etc.

Thank you all the terminators were there to keep out moisture bugs but I tried without them in the one I had in the box never put them on when I tried but did the same if I get a 22khz switch does it matter where I put the universal lnb and the cband ?

I would try a good brand name DISEqC switch, I've seen people mention having trouble with Viewsat switches before and they look exactly like generic switches I've had in the past that gave me nothing but trouble. I use Amiko 8x1 switches from Titanium now and they've been flawless in operation. They're around $20 a piece, but well worth it.

Like SatPhreak said, a 22khz switch won't work with a universal LNB because the 22kz tone from the receiver is used to switch between high and low band in the LNB when a universal is used. What receiver are you using?

I have an old fortec lifetime classic I am suspecting the switches are not great I will chech out the titanium switches thanks

You can use a 22khz switch with a universal LNB. Simply put the LNB on the 22khz port so when you select the universal LNB it will also switch the LNB to the hi side where all the North American sats are, 11.7 - 12.2.

Reactions: FaT Air and . Raine
You can use a 22khz switch with a universal LNB. Simply put the LNB on the 22khz port so when you select the universal LNB it will also switch the LNB to the hi side where all the North American sats are, 11.7 - 12.2.

Will you get both H and V doing that?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)