Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChuckBoozer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
I have a quick question:

I am using the Invacom QPF-031 with both C & L outputs running through a 4x1 Diseqc switch to my receiver (SatPros DSR-500S).

Since I am running 2 coaxial feeds through the diseqc switch, I assumed that my receiver's Diseqc setting should be set to "2". However, I can only pick up a signal when the setting is set at "1".

Is this correct? Can I till pick up both C & L signals with this setting?

I assume you have just one from the L and one form the C sides into the switch? If you put the L side into port 1 and the C side into port 2 on the DBS satellites there should be a spot for Diseqc. Change those to "2" and the rest to "1"

I assume you have just one from the L and one form the C sides into the switch? If you put the L side into port 1 and the C side into port 2 on the DBS satellites there should be a spot for Diseqc. Change those to "2" and the rest to "1"

Yes, I do have just one L and one C line running into the switch (Linear to port 1 and circular to port 4).

So, just to clarify, on the LNB menu I would input Standard 10750 and Diseqc "1" for the KU satellites and Standard (or Dish Pro) 11250 and Diseqc "4" for the DBS satellites, correct?

if you have tyhe DBS on port 4 yes

basically the reciever is telling the switch to go to port X when on X satellite. I have in my setup
port 1 KU
port 2 DBS
port 3 fixed dish at Hispasat

so most of the satellites are port 1, DBS stuff is port 2 and Hispasat is port 3

Gotcha!

I feel a little foolish - I was setting up the Diseqc value to equal the total number of LNB's hooked up to the switch. I thought the receiver would automatically look for the correct LNB and didn't realize it need to be told which port to look.

Thanks for the quick response, Iceberg! :up

It can be left unused. Maybe put a little coax all-weather putty on it or something if you want.

I took an old crimp connector and filled the end with silicone. Screwed that on the port I dont use on the switch :)

I was referring to terminating it as we would on a cable splitter using a 75 ohm terminator, I didn't think it had to be and I didn't think that a 75 ohm terminator is used on a disecq switch. So it looks like sealer is all I need...Thanks guys :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts