DiseqC Switch Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

netbuilder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Missouri
I think I have a pretty good understanding on this subject, although I still have room to grow of course! What my question is:

Do I have to use DiseqC ports in pairs?

For instance: I am using 22khz switches and multiple DiseqC switches but specifically I would like to just use ports 1,2,3 but not port 4 of a particular DiseqC switch because I am not using all the ports on it.

Will this still work or will I have trouble - does it need port 4 filled in order for port 3 to work?

Please advise...I'm re-working my design to fit more hardware (that I bought from Sadoun because of this site) and would appreciate any input.

You do not have to use port 4 on your diseqc switch.

However, just how are you using 22khz switches with diseqc?
There are some combinations that will not work.

Pansat 3500SD with a 22khz Ecoda feeding 2 @ Diseqc 4x1
Oh, that sound pretty good.

you do not have to use all 4 ports. I have 3 ports filled on a diseqc off my motorized
Circualr
Universal
Standard

Thanks for the quick input guys (iceberg/anole)...I have attached my proposed setup (most of it already done and working take a look anole). Please tell me if you see any problems or gotchas (especially resident expert iceberg)... :)

Attachments

• satellite1.jpg
    satellite1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 767
Last edited:
I'm with Ice

I've been reading these threads diligently so I can understand imaginative wiring diagrams like this.
Labeling the LNB types on each dish would have helped, but I gotta say your drawing is very nice! - :up

I assume the left dish (Primestar Ku) has an Invacom QPH-031
I assume the middle dish (DirecWay Ku) has LNBs with two outputs each
I assume the Dish 6000 rcvr is no longer subscribed, and needs 119 so it can be used as a hi def off-the-air tuner
(actually, I didn't realize it had an ATSC tuner)

If the above are true, then I gotta say congratulations.
Looks like a fine job. :cool:

I assume the Dish 6000 rcvr is no longer subscribed, and needs 119 so it can be used as a hi def off-the-air tuner
(actually, I didn't realize it had an ATSC tuner)

correct. The 6000 was the first dish box with a ATSC tuner in it. But it needs a signal from A satellite (doesnt matter what Dish satellite it is) to work. I just did that the other day. Hooked the 811 in the bedroom but since I need a diplexer a few OTA channels wouldnt come in :(

Thanks for all the comments and input guys, I appreciate it.

I'm just awaiting my invacom-quad and dual lnb to come in (from sadoun) and my setup will be complete (right now I just have single connections on linear lnbs). Everything else works so far and I have pre-cabled the anticipated connections.

anole - you are correct in assuming those things - very intuitive
iceberg - thanks again

I'm hoping to get the Pansat 9200HD sometime soon so I can scrap (or sell) the Dish 6000 ird. I guess I'm just waiting to hear more about it.

YAY! I got my new LNBs today and everything worked perfectly! Also, early reports suggest great reception (increase signal strength from previously installed LNBs) as well on the new hardware!

Net -

Good to hear,. Don't forget to update your web site.
Keep the before and after pictures; both are fine.

I've used your pictures several times in the last month, to show others how to accomplish some of the things you have documented.
Not that other members haven't done similar or as well, but your shots are easier to find. :cool:
Keep up the good work.

. . . I see a BUD in your future! - :D

haha - thanks anole!

as soon as I can get home before dark (may have to wait till this weekend) I'll get some pics taken and posted on my site...comments like that keep me motivated to share in the documentation of my success

After fighting for a week to solve a problem, I understand them now.
Are you sure.....? Cause I still don't....... I still have a couple laying around, that may not be bad (and I thought they were), but after reading along with your recent adventure, they may be good? I've also thrown a couple away in the past, and now I wonder if they weren't bad either? Who knows.....?????

At least I now understand how they work and what they are suppose to do. Hell, I can't even pronounce their name. :eek: :rolleyes: I did save the "bad" ones, but like you I am not sure they are bad. I didn't switch the LNBs around on the 4X1 to see if it would work like the replacement did and I am pretty sure that one side of the 2X1 is bad. I have all three units working like they are suppose to, so I ain't messin' with them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)