DiSEqC Switch / Which one / Where to buy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

revx

Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
I got my new setup running and within about the first half hour my cheap-o freebie switch that came with my reciever died. (it took a little trouble shooting and re-cableing to determine this) So I'd like to get two 2-port (2x1) switches to combine the L&C ports off my Invacom QPH-031... one will feed a reciever directly, the other will go into the SG2100.

I looked at all the Gold Sponsors, the only one that had 'good' DiSEqC switches was Sadoun, and they only have is their branded 4x1 switches. I went out to eBay and found both DMSi 2x1 and Chieta 4x1 switches.

I'm wondering, I want to get the best I can, and the ones at Sadoun are nice and they come with a case, but are they really any better? Plus I'd wouldn't be using two ports... Anybody have a similar setup? I'm really leaning towards the DMSi 2x1, but from eBay?
Thanks!
reVx

I use the DMSI 2x1's with no issues. They've survived 3 MN winters so far :)

If you are using all 4 ports from the Invacom quad, get a DirecTv 4x4 multisiwtch. Only one switch is needed and you can run 4 recievers off of it :)

revx said:
I got my new setup running and within about the first half hour my cheap-o freebie switch that came with my reciever died. (it took a little trouble shooting and re-cableing to determine this) So I'd like to get two 2-port (2x1) switches to combine the L&C ports off my Invacom QPH-031... one will feed a reciever directly, the other will go into the SG2100.

I looked at all the Gold Sponsors, the only one that had 'good' DiSEqC switches was Sadoun, and they only have is their branded 4x1 switches. I went out to eBay and found both DMSi 2x1 and Chieta 4x1 switches.

I'm wondering, I want to get the best I can, and the ones at Sadoun are nice and they come with a case, but are they really any better? Plus I'd wouldn't be using two ports... Anybody have a similar setup? I'm really leaning towards the DMSi 2x1, but from eBay?
Thanks!
reVx
I have a similar setup to you , with two receivers being fed from the Invacom Quad.
I used a 4x1 Diseqc from Sadoun and then later picked up a cheap 2x1 Diseqc switch from ebay . I like the case on the Sadoun switch, but I cobbled up a protective sleeve for ther other one using "Shrink-tube" .

Brent

Thanks for all the feedback...
Iceberg said:
If you are using all 4 ports from the Invacom quad, get a DirecTv 4x4 multisiwtch. Only one switch is needed and you can run 4 recievers off of it :)
I really like the idea of only using one 4x4 switch, but how would that work with the motor? If I come out of the LNB with all four ports, could one of the outputs run to the motor?

Put it between your motor and Invacom and one of the ports will control the dish and the other three you can run to other receivers , but, won't be able to control the dish from them.
grusome

I use DMSi switches, but I do have some Chieta heavy duty ones for backup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts