Dish 1000 & 129 Training...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

farmsatguy

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2004
Middle of No Where!
Howdy all,

This Wednesday, I am attending a training seminar at the closest DNSC (Ashland, VA) regarding the Dish 1000. I was hoping someone could 'maybe' answer a question before we go...

I understand all the mumbo-jumbo regarding the 2 dish solutions, FCC rulings, etc... Currently, in most areas of Virginia, we use a Super Dish (105) to get all that we need. There's only a few areas that use a setup with 2 Dish's (both 500's) to get locals. Actually, there's only one area that has the locals split between 2 dishes where a customer has to have a must carry to get all the locals offered for that DMA.

Anyway, we were told that after the meeting Wednesday, we would no longer be using the Super Dish & would be installing D-1000's only starting the next day!?! So, can someone confirm that the locals for Richmond, VA are mirrored on the 129 satellite. The Richmond area uses the 105 bird. It seems this is a jump in time as the primary goal was to get rid of 2 dish solutions first. But we don't use 2 dish's for this market. So, are we really getting rid of the Super Dish in favor of the smaller dish or has someone, once again, got the info wrong? We're not looking forward to the lower settings for the 129 bird, so we'll see how it goes (trying to be optimistic here). Anyway, is there a site anywhere listing what is currently being transmitted on the 129 bird as far as channels and especially local markets are concerned.

Thanks,

John

I'm getting Richmond from 129. I don't really live in the area, I just like to watch the locals from there. I don't know what I'm going to say if they call to switch out my SD105 for a D1000.

As you will see, the 129 sat is very low, elevation is about 26 in Richmond. Many will not be able to get the signal because of trees, etc... Lots of upset people!!

I just changed my SD105 to a 121/129 dish and I'm using a D500 with a DP Twin to get 110/119. I hope they keep the locals on 129.

I have noticed a low look angle here. I can see a LOT Of problems with people being able to clear the trees around here to get their locals from 129 when they are currently getting them from 105. I can see many installs that may require two dishes instead of one to focus in on 129 better.

Hey FARMSATGUY

Let us know what E* is going to do with those with no line of sight for sat 129 because of a neighbor's bush. Will they cover your putting the dish in another location or possibly having a second dish, just for 129?

Also, the area where you mentioned that the wing sat is used, I guess that would be either Washington DC or Roanoke locals, let us know if they have you replacing the 2 sat setup with the Dish 1000. I doubt they will replace the 61.5 dishes, but I could be wrong.

farmsatguy said:
Anyway, we were told that after the meeting Wednesday, we would no longer be using the Super Dish & would be installing D-1000's only starting the next day!?!
This may be the statement that's got a customer of mine all up in arms thinking he should be getting a free D1000.

The free D1000 applies ONLY to 25 DMAs - and that does NOT include Colo. Spgs., but DOES include Richmond.

A final note, apparently, E* is screwing the retailer again - for one week. :mad: The new rules for retailers in the 25 DMAs do not go official until Sept. 27th.

I just noticed that the Richmond locals seem to be more compressed on 129. UPN seems to have a little plixellation; I did not see that on 105. I am very interested to see how this works out.

In a way, I think it would have been a better idea to have put all the Richmond locals on 61.5, if they want to get rid of the Superdishes; 129 is just too low!!! 61.5 has a high elevation on the East Coast.

The only way that retailers are getting screwed is that they are getting left with the SuperDish stock and will not be reimbursed for it as of September 27th when the Dish1000 will be required. I noticed some pixellation/distortion issues on 129 in which I did not see on 105 myself as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)