Dish 1000.2 and Legacy (E* 5000) Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SuperSync

Original poster
May 26, 2008
Okay, so I decided to relocate my Dish 500 installation a little closer to the ground (I originally put it on the roof but every winter it freezes up and we are without for a while) so I bought a new Dish 1000.2 kit as we are getting ready to go HD here.

My DPP capable receiver is a newly refurbished PVR 508 unit (it was a bad receiver, if you read this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/136806-whats-going-my-508-signal.html), which I connected to output one on the LNBF of the Dish 1000.2, peaked mostly for 119 & 110, and had no problems. According to the manual with the dish, as long as ONE DPP capable unit is connected to power the integrated switch in a 1000.2, the legacy receivers (I have an 11 year old Echostar 5000) should work, just not see the additional 129 satellite.

However, my 5000 refuses to cooperate with the 1000.2's built in switch, it keeps identifying it as a SW64 but shows the first 3 boxes x'd out on the check switch, then the satellites are identified incorrectly past that.

Is this a common occurrence with a legacy receiver such as a 5000? The manual specifically stated it WAS supported, it just wouldn't see the 129 position. I am (obviously) keep my Dish 500 on the roof for now, until I upgrade to a 722 and use my 508 as a second receiver, but would like to make this work until then if possible.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)