Dish 1000.2 + DP44

bsilvertab

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Rockford MI
Is it possible to hook a DP44 up to a 1000.2 and a wing 61.5 dish and have 5 satellite inputs? That way I would look at 110,118.7,119,129,61.5.

To do that you want a Dish 1000+, a wing dish with a DP Dual, a DPP44 switch, and a DP21 for each tuner. Take a DPP44 output into DP21 input 1, and a DP Dual output to DP21 input 2, then DP21 out to the receiver's satellite in. Since the DP21 is not a DP Plus switch (also conversely why the DPP44 is not to be called a "DP44"), the Separator can not be used and you will have to run another line to a dual-tuner receiver.

Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I've been on the phone with Dish for over an hour now and they can't seem to answer my question. I was wondering what type of set up would be required for 1000.2 and a wing dish pointed at 61.5.

I currently have a Dish 500 (I think) pointed at 110 and 119 with a wing Dish pointed at 61.5 for HD and an international channel. If was wondering if I could simply swap the dish pointed at 110 and 119 with a 1000.2 to get 110, 119 and 129 and leave the 61.5 dish as is or if it would also require changing a switch. (Or other parts) I want to add 129 so that I can get my RSNs in HD, but can't lose the international on 61.5.

Thanks.

Do a menu-6-1-1, select check switch and read what devices and switch you have, Then we will post what your options are.

Yes, you can hook up a 1000.2 with a 61.5 wing. You didn't say which internationals you are receiving, but I wonder if you wouldn't be better off in the long run with a 1000 Plus dish (and DPP44 switch).

I think pretty much all of the internationals have been moved over to 118.7 already and a few are still being mirrored on 61.5 still, but as Dish adds more HD they will probably eventually move all internationals off of 61.5

The new HD sat at 129 is just a few weeks from being operational (hopefully) and you should be good to go

Do a menu-6-1-1, select check switch and read what devices and switch you have, Then we will post what your options are.

It's Identical for Satellite Input 1 and 2. Both are:

119- Twin
110- Twin
61.5- Dual

Switch: DPP Twin w/ Separator

Yes, you can hook up a 1000.2 with a 61.5 wing. You didn't say which internationals you are receiving, but I wonder if you wouldn't be better off in the long run with a 1000 Plus dish (and DPP44 switch).

I think pretty much all of the internationals have been moved over to 118.7 already and a few are still being mirrored on 61.5 still, but as Dish adds more HD they will probably eventually move all internationals off of 61.5

The new HD sat at 129 is just a few weeks from being operational (hopefully) and you should be good to go

That's just it. I received a letter stating that I needed to call in to schedule an antenna setup change to avoid having the service interrupted. When I called in (after nearly 90 minutes of talking with two reps) they decided that my setup was fine and that nothing needed to be migrated.

Since I was on the phone anyway, I was looking to figure out what the easiest way to add 129 (for two HD RSNs and they recently seem to be adding content to 129 mirrored on either 77 or 72.7 so I don't have access to that stuff, so far only PPV so no big deal)

The tech rep couldn't help me. She initially insisted that I could get my RSNs in HD from 110. Then she tried to tell me they weren't offered. Then she told me that I would have to buy the new 1000.2 Dish (to replace my 500 aimed at 110 and 119) from a 3rd party and have Dish install it. The person I spoke to in October said that Dish would provide me with an additional wing Dish for 129 for free but that I would have to pay for the DPP44 so that it would work. In all honesty, I'd rather have two Dishes rather than three on my roof. I just want to make sure I have everything an installer would need to get it done right.

In an ideal world, the migration would happen (as predicted by a tech rep I talked to in October) and Dish would have to come swap out my Dishes for free. But if that's not going to happen, I'd like to know what is needed so I can determine what it'll cost me.

How long ago did you receive that letter?

If it was me, I'd call Dish back and ask them why they have not replaced my dish yet.

How long ago did you receive that letter?

If it was me, I'd call Dish back and ask them why they have not replaced my dish yet.

I got the letter yesterday. It said to call in immediately so that the switch could be made ASAP to avoid a programming interruption. But, when I called in I was told that the letter was mistaken and that nothing would have to be swapped out.

Since you have the DPP twin LNB, the 1000.2 is a direct swapout if all you need is the RSNs on 129. If Dish later moves your international channel, they will have to give you the 1000+ with a DPP44 switch and install for no charge. Dish sometimes changes their mind about moving a channel when they find out how much money it will cost them.

Since you have the DPP twin LNB, the 1000.2 is a direct swapout if all you need is the RSNs on 129. If Dish later moves your international channel, they will have to give you the 1000+ with a DPP44 switch and install for no charge. Dish sometimes changes their mind about moving a channel when they find out how much money it will cost them.

Perfect. This is exactly what I needed to know and what the Dish rep couldn't (or at least didn't) tell me.

Thanks again.

UPDATE: I called back regarding the letter about international channel migration that I received. The CSR I spoke to verified that RTPi will no longer be offered from the 61.5 location. They've scheduled an install of a 1000+ dish for the end of January. Thanks for all the info on the 1000.2 swap.

I'm thrilled that I got things clarified with Dish and that switching to 129 will no longer be out of my pocket, but incidental to the channel migration.

thinking about this as well

To do that you want a Dish 1000+, a wing dish with a DP Dual, a DPP44 switch, and a DP21 for each tuner. Take a DPP44 output into DP21 input 1, and a DP Dual output to DP21 input 2, then DP21 out to the receiver's satellite in. Since the DP21 is not a DP Plus switch (also conversely why the DPP44 is not to be called a "DP44"), the Separator can not be used and you will have to run another line to a dual-tuner receiver.

I had dish 500 (110, 119) and 300 (61.5). When I called DISH about missing international channels, they upgraded me the next day to dish 1000+ and DPP44. However, the quality of some international channels on 118 is not very good, so thought about connecting 5th satellite 61.5.

The question: can DP21 be connected prior to DPP44 (on its input) instead? This way separator could still be used, and 5 satellites would be acquired. Can this work?

Thanks.

No. Cascade solutions only work with the DP21 downstream of the larger switch. If it were placed before the DPP44, it wouldn't be possible to access both of the added satellites (if it works at all) because the DP21 is not a DP Plus switch. And it doesn't work that way even with a Plus switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts