dish 1000.2 to 322 with one cable

dpboater

Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
I have a 322 receiver connected to a 1000.2 antenna. I'd like to use the 322 in the marina with a second 1000.2 antenna I bought on line. I would like to merge the three lnbf's into one cable to simplify installation. Can I just use two separators in the reverse direction to merge the three lnbf's into one cable and then split the single cable signal at the 322 end with another separator? The manual doesn't cover this possibility but does address the dpp44 switch which apparently can do this but at a price of $200 or more.

Your making it too complicated the 1000.2 has DPP LNBFs with a built in switch. All you need to do is run a single line from the output on the 1000.2 to the 322 while using a DPP Separator right before the receiver so that you have both inputs connected.

Thank you much. I wondered if that was the case but couldn't get that out of the installation instructions or Dish tech support. this really makes it simple. Again, thanks.

Yes any of the 3 out ports will provide the same signal. The 4th "IN" port will allow you to connect a wingdish for a 4th orbital as well.

Yep, WiCkeDuDe is exactly right. Any of the outputs is fine. This is why are are able to connect up to 3 dual tuner receivers to the 1000.2 without an external switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts