Dish 1000.2

rbday

Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
Hello,

So I started getting "drift" notices, did a huge amount of research and decided that the triple lnbf was failing. Ordered the 1000.2 antenna, new WA triple lnbf and I will soon be ready to install it.

I bought a "cheapO" signal meter from radio shack. I am still a bit confused about peaking the signal and where. The instructions say to use port 1 (far left on the lnbf) and peak 119. Will I still have to cover the other two lnb's with aluminum foil to do ths or since all of the integration there is no need for that?

Since there will only be one reciever connected, I can use port 1 to the reciever after the dish is pointed correctely? I assume with the integration there is also no need to jump port 1 to 2 ... and 2 to 3, right?

Thanks,

RBDay

I hope you kept the receipt to the radio shack meter. It's better used as a paperweight. From personal experience, I'd have to say you are much better off using the signal meter on the receiver and have a friend on the phone help you peak.

Hello,

So I started getting "drift" notices, did a huge amount of research and decided that the triple lnbf was failing. Ordered the 1000.2 antenna, new WA triple lnbf and I will soon be ready to install it.

I bought a "cheapO" signal meter from radio shack. I am still a bit confused about peaking the signal and where. The instructions say to use port 1 (far left on the lnbf) and peak 119. Will I still have to cover the other two lnb's with aluminum foil to do ths or since all of the integration there is no need for that?

Since there will only be one reciever connected, I can use port 1 to the reciever after the dish is pointed correctely? I assume with the integration there is also no need to jump port 1 to 2 ... and 2 to 3, right?

Thanks,

RBDay
You may not need the meter, it sounds like you are replacing an existing 3 LNB with a new 3 LNB. Unless you move the dish it should stay in alignment when you replace the LNB and screws.

Agreed. Sounds like you have a k.2 already. Should be just swapping the lnb.

If you have an older k.2 that's comprised of either dish pro plus twin and 1 dish pro single/dual OR 3 dish pro single / duals you will definitely need your new dish as well. Peaking on 119 and running a check switch will let you know if you've got it aligned close. If it is and you see the k.2 lnb I would peak on 129 as that's where a majority of the hd comes from on that dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts