Dish 1000.4 and SD receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In the long run it would benefit you.

On a side note, I find it incredibly funny that Dish is now giving 722's in the place of 625 due to shortages. Talk about getting a bump up from coach to first class, huh

Then they should come out with mpeq 4 SD receivers. Since they offer an all Mpeg 4 service. Or up the lease limit , so people don't have to come up with $300-600 dollars on an MPEG 4 HD receiver.

Since Eastern Arc is meant only for new customers the customers dont need to come up with $300 - $600 for MPEG4 receivers, as they are included with the install.

There is no reason to switch to Eastern Arc for existing customers at this time. Save your money.

I would think that having all most ALL satellite programming in mpeg 4 using the eastern arc, would offer subs more hard drive recording space vs the mpeg2 version using the western arc. That alone would be a big reason to me to switch to eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish. I have mine all hooked up right next to my 1000.2 sat dish. The only thing I am waiting for is the new smart cards.

My parents, listed in the virtual apartment building I use for Houston service, got their new smart card yesterday. My address on my account is in that same virtual apartment building so I should get my new smart cards anytime now. I will then be able to compare picture quality and recording space.

1 dish solution, improved line of sight for current wing dish folks. 3 Receiver hook up without a multiswitch, all Mpeg 4 service saves dvr space. I can't thing of a reason not to have it.

Then they should come out with mpeq 4 SD receivers. Since they offer an all Mpeg 4 service. Or up the lease limit , so people don't have to come up with $300-600 dollars on an MPEG 4 HD receiver.

What's the point in coming out with MPEG4 SD receivers? They should only make MPEG4 HD ones. If someone upgrades their TV they already have the box, they just have to call Dish to kick on the HD tier if they don't already have it.

1 dish solution, improved line of sight for current wing dish folks. 3 Receiver hook up without a multiswitch, all Mpeg 4 service saves dvr space. I can't thing of a reason not to have it.

D1K.2 w/61.5 wing dish provides that...as well has having a better signal for the 61.5 (not to mention the 110/119 come in about 15 points hotter than the 72.7)

My understanding of MPEG4 service was that it gave more bandwidth on the satellite...not more DVR space; was that thinking in error?

Not sure how this might play into the grand scheme of "Dish Thinking," but when we got our last replacement receiver (long story), we had to call to get a hit on the box because it wouldn't tune any HD Channels. When Tech Support was on phone, the box was listed in one of the System Info Screens as a 722-SD Box (not sure of the exact terms now).

Seeing that, it might be as simple as dropping the HD Enabling Fee (I don't see this happening anytime soon).

Geoff

If a software upgrade can make a 722 show 1080P, I'm sure a software upgrade can make a 722 show only 480P. Ergo, all VIP receivers can be MPEG4 SD receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)