Dish 1000.4 footplate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TLaz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Would it be safe to replace a Dish 500 with a Dish 1000.4 using the same mounting pole and footplate?

As you may know, the 1000.4 uses struts to stabilize the dish. I suppose that if the 500 mast diameter is the same, it could work, using the supplied struts. I think that the 1000.4 mast is somewhat longer.

The 1000.4 is larger and heaver then a 500
That said if it is in an area sheltered from the wind and propperly mounted in the first place (six lag bolts ect.) then you could re-use the mast
The .4 mast is longer to allow for wall mounting at 90 degree angels

I installed my 1000.4 sat dish on the same pole in the ground I had my 1000.2 sat dish on and the dish 500 before. I don't use the struts at all. It works just fine with great signals:

72.7 sat - between 60 - 70
77 sat - between 50 - 56
61.5 sat - between 45 - 70

Would it be safe to replace a Dish 500 with a Dish 1000.4 using the same mounting pole and footplate?
Yes..Both will fit. All Dish network antennas use the 1.66" outside diameter mast. Put the 500 dish right on there. No worries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts