Dish 1000.4 & the Eastern Arc

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
I'm new to Dish, just signed up in June, and I was getting a lot of rain fade even when it was just a moderate rain (no wind or lightning). I had a tech come out and he adjusted my dish, then told me that I have a 1000.4 dish and I'm on the Eastern arc. He claim that Dish doesn't want to admit it but this set up is prone to rain fade.
Being new to Dish I'm not sure how to take that. What do you all think? Is this basically true, or was the tech just making excuses?
I'm in Louisville, KY.
Thanks for all replys,
Ghpr13:)

BTW: I posted this question in another thread but didn't receive any replys.

Last edited:
Dish has a minimum signal strenght on the eastern arch as well as other dishes too.
The minimum signal strength on the eastern arch is as follows

Satellite Transponder Min Signal
77 16 52
77 20 53
77 21 56
72 15 55
72 17 53
72 21 52
61.5 14 66
61.5 29 61
61.5 31 61
61.5 32 48

If the signals are at this or within a couple of points and you are still having issues with rain fade their is nothing more the tech can do.These number are for the area that I`m in they could be a little different in your area just make sure these numbers apply in your area before calling dish back out. Hope this helps

I have the Eastern Arc set up, I don't have any issues with it.

Dish has a minimum signal strenght on the eastern arch as well as other dishes too.

77 16 52
77 20 53
77 21 56
72 15 55
72 17 53
72 21 52
61.5 14 66
61.5 29 61
61.5 31 61
61.5 32 48

If the signals are at this or within a couple of points and you are still having issues with rain fade their is nothing more the tech can do.These number are for the area that I`m in they could be a little different in your area just make sure these numbers apply in your area before calling dish back out. Hope this helps

I don't know of min numbers for my area but in Missouri mid 40s is the best you can get with one of these wannabe dishes

I thank all 3 for your replys. Satdishguy, I'll take a look at those numbers later today and see how they compare, and I understand that they may be somewhat different in my area. I'll post back with my findings.
Take care all,

77 16 52
77 20 53
77 21 56
72 15 55
72 17 53
72 21 52
61.5 14 66
61.5 29 61
61.5 31 61
61.5 32 48

My signal strength is spot on to the last set of numbers you listed... does that mean I'm getting basically 100% signal?

My signal strength is spot on to the last set of numbers you listed... does that mean I'm getting basically 100% signal?

I would say yes. I had to get switched to EA from WA a couple of months ago due to very large trees to the west of my property. My #'s are actually a bit lower than those posted here and quite a bit lower than the WA #'s were in the winter when the trees were bare. However, it took an absolute deluge of extremely heavy rain to knock out my signal and that was only once and only for a few minutes. Before, I'd lose it in only a moderate rainfall or sometimes in just heavy overcast. I also seem to have the ability to record a lot more time than I was able to with WA on both my 622 & 722. l think you'll be fine.:up

Ed

What did they charge you?
Did you have DHPP?
Was there an additional commitment?

My brother is having trouble with the trees in the neighbors yard. I would like to steer him the right way. He has dhpp, and a good view for 1000.4.

1. Nothing. Well, I got lucky & had a great installer so I happily tipped him $20.

2.No. When I called they said that the service charge would be $99 but said because I'd been a good customer for so long (almost 12 years) they would waive the fee. I didn't even ask----amazing huh?

3.NO. Wasn't under a commitment and they didn't ask for one. When the installer was finished he said the swap usually requires a new commitment but they didn't mention anything saying so. Again, amazing..........

Your results may (probably will:confused:) vary. Good luck to your bro!

Ed

I would say yes. I had to get switched to EA from WA a couple of months ago due to very large trees to the west of my property. My #'s are actually a bit lower than those posted here and quite a bit lower than the WA #'s were in the winter when the trees were bare. However, it took an absolute deluge of extremely heavy rain to knock out my signal and that was only once and only for a few minutes. Before, I'd lose it in only a moderate rainfall or sometimes in just heavy overcast. I also seem to have the ability to record a lot more time than I was able to with WA on both my 622 & 722. l think you'll be fine.:up

Ed

Agreed, anything heavy off lake MI would knock out my WA signal before it even got here (even at 20-30 points higher than EA).

With my EA dish I've lost signal only twice summer both times for about 5 mins. :)

I thank all 3 for your replys. Satdishguy, I'll take a look at those numbers later today and see how they compare, and I understand that they may be somewhat different in my area. I'll post back with my findings.
Take care all,

Hey, I'm having some problems trying to figure out how tp find my signal strength for each satellite. I searched the forum & Dish's FAQs but haven't been able to find anything. Could someone please advise me?
Thanks,

Ed

I spoke too soon... we had our first shower yesterday and both satelites went out non stop during the storm :-(

Hello everyone I have a problem hopefully someone could help me with.I installed a 1000.4 for someone and on my birdog I get 61.5,72 at 99% which usually means Im good but when I do switch test on both 722,222 I only pick up 72!I tried moving realigning dish but thats it replaced 3 different lnbs and still 72.Last week had this problem but moving from port1 to 2 fixed it but not this time.

I'm sorry I didnt make myself too clear Im only getting my 72 sattelite but birdog is saying I have 61.5 and 72 like it always does.But it seems last week and this week at 3 houses this has happened and Its alot of wasted time.Has anyone else had this problem only getting satellite 72 on check switch?

Do you have the most recent 61.5 download from the Birdog site? They changed it a few weeks ago because 61.5 was showing locked on the 77 satellite.

No I have to figure out how to do that because i bought the meter from someone and the only wire it came with, my computer dont have it.Im pretty sure it is a older model meter the wire has a end that has a bunch of tiny holes so i dont know how to update without it.Well I went back to customers house and used a different lnb (which would have been my 4th)and it worked! Dont know if anyone has noticed but 1000.4 lnbs come in two boxes one has a plastic covering lnb and one doesnt.The ones with plastic are the only ones I have problems with if i use the other never have a problem.I dont know maybe bad shipment.

Sorry to re-post, but I haven't gotten any replys...and I'm new to all this.
I'm having some problems trying to figure out how tp find my signal strength for each satellite. I searched the forum & Dish's FAQs but haven't been able to find anything. Could someone please advise me?
Thanks,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)