dish 1000 and 9200? and other questions..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Hi,

sorry if has been asked. I did a search and couldn't find anything. Now that I have disconected Dishnet I still have a Dish1000 up on my roof. If I repoint it to 82 and 91 will it be ok to use with Bell's 9200? I know that I could use a dish 500 in the past, but I'm not sure about the 1000.
Other questions: Are all the HD channels still coming from 82? I'm in California so I don't really get one of their Nimiq sats. Has NBR really been added to the 9200? Finally, lease or purchase the 9200? I don't like a 2year commitment (lease) but the rebates looks great!

Thanks all!

Fgsilva said:
Hi,

sorry if has been asked. I did a search and couldn't find anything. Now that I have disconected Dishnet I still have a Dish1000 up on my roof. If I repoint it to 82 and 91 will it be ok to use with Bell's 9200? I know that I could use a dish 500 in the past, but I'm not sure about the 1000.
Other questions: Are all the HD channels still coming from 82? I'm in California so I don't really get one of their Nimiq sats. Has NBR really been added to the 9200? Finally, lease or purchase the 9200? I don't like a 2year commitment (lease) but the rebates looks great!

Thanks all!
First of all, yes the D1000 will work....you just disconnect the 129 slot and repoint.

Secondly, I would look into which sats you will get in your area...there are 2 satellites at 82 and 2 more at 91. If you are in the area that cannot get Nimiq 3, the second sat @ 82, and Nimiq 4i, the second sat @ 91, I would reconsider getting Expressvu all together!

Thirdly, Yes it has NBR, but it only has a 44 hour guide.

Hi,

thanks! I had Evu in the past and I could get 82 and nimiq1, not 3 (or was it the other way around?). I didn't care much because all the HD content was on 82. but I think there some post that they may have moved HD from 82?

miguelaqui said:
First of all, yes the D1000 will work....you just disconnect the 129 slot and repoint.

Secondly, I would look into which sats you will get in your area...there are 2 satellites at 82 and 2 more at 91. If you are in the area that cannot get Nimiq 3, the second sat @ 82, and Nimiq 4i, the second sat @ 91, I would reconsider getting Expressvu all together!

Thirdly, Yes it has NBR, but it only has a 44 hour guide.

Nimiq 1 & 4 are at 91, Nimiq 2 & 3 are at 82.
Nimiq 3 & 4 are old DirecTv satellites so there is some issues

All HD is on 82

Fgsilva said:
Hi,

thanks! I had Evu in the past and I could get 82 and nimiq1, not 3 (or was it the other way around?). I didn't care much because all the HD content was on 82. but I think there some post that they may have moved HD from 82?

This is what happened, N3, which was at 91, was moved to 82... a lot of the HD content is on N3 @ 82 degrees.

If you cannot get N3, you will not have several channels HDfanatic knows which ones are on N3. Also, they put another satellite @91 to replace N3, it is called Nimiq 4i.

In other words, you might not be able to get all the transponders from 82 now.

Iceberg said:
I thought I heard something that the 9200 and the DPP Separator don't "play well together" (glitches)?

On another site, people were saying that Bell only really tests the software with the SW44, that's why they send the SW44 for free; mine did not work correctly with 2 SW21s.

After I had current software downloaded, the two sw21s worked OK...

I would hate for this guy to have virgin software that would not work with the DPP and not be able to point it.

My 9200 has worked flawlessly with the DPP separator since day one and i bought it the first day the 9200 was available about a year ago.

What pisses me off is all the additional options you guys got like uploading pictures and the Pocketdish stuff.

Kryspy

Kryspy said:
My 9200 has worked flawlessly with the DPP separator since day one and i bought it the first day the 9200 was available about a year ago.

What pisses me off is all the additional options you guys got like uploading pictures and the Pocketdish stuff.

Kryspy
Well, I think mine was a 942 reloaded...it was ddd.; I had sat 119 listed on the screen, no 91, no 82. It had the Bell menus, but 119. As soon as I downloaded software, 91 and 82 were there and 119 was gone.

Strange

miguelaqui,

Nothing odd about it. All ExpressVU receivers come loaded with Dish software.

They hide it with that point dish screen. If you were to exit all the way out instead you'd see it had Dish software pre-installed.

It takes the ExpressVU software after setup on the first download.

Kryspy

Hi and thanks all for the replies! Where can I find a list to know exactly which channels are coming from which sat/transponder?

Thanks!

miguelaqui said:
This is what happened, N3, which was at 91, was moved to 82... a lot of the HD content is on N3 @ 82 degrees.

If you cannot get N3, you will not have several channels HDfanatic knows which ones are on N3. Also, they put another satellite @91 to replace N3, it is called Nimiq 4i.

In other words, you might not be able to get all the transponders from 82 now.

Fgsilva said:
Hi and thanks all for the replies! Where can I find a list to know exactly which channels are coming from which sat/transponder?

Thanks!
Not sure.... lyngsat is not correct; they don't even have NIMIQ4i as active.. I bet HDfanatic knows...PM him!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)