dish 1000 and a dp34 switch

The answer is no if you have a DPP Twin. The DPP Twin is not compatible with a DP34 so you will need a DP Twin instead of a DP Plus Twin if you want to use a DP34.

Yes, it does work!

I also thought that the DPP Twin and the DP34 were incompatible, but when my Dish 1000 was installed, that's what they used. The only issue was that the Dual had to go directly to the DP34 input, along with the DPP Twin.

Attachments

• P1000692.JPG
    P1000692.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 778
  • P1000688.JPG
    P1000688.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 872
  • P1000689.JPG
    P1000689.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 1,046
Last edited:
No problems at all. This has been rock solid for me, just as the DP Quad before it was. I was hoping for, and expecting, a DPP44 with the Dish 1000, to hookup to my four receivers. But this does work, so I'll stay with it until I have dual-tuner receivers.

It will work since he has 4 single tuner recievers, if you go to a dual tuner you will need to replace the 34switch or run anoither line from the switch to the reciever. Jus a couple of comments on the install, did you use the metal staples on the cable, why is it grounded to the switch and by the way, nice crimped fittings.

For the most part, I have nylon cable clips, but the installer did put a couple of staples. I'm not an expert on grounding. Shouldn't the switch be grounded?

Grounding at the switch is ok, and yes a dpp twin will work fine with a dp34.

Why is it that E* tells us that it doesn't work with a DP34 or DP21 for that matter when it obviously does. I understand about the "lnb in" being disabled in the DPP Twin, it's also disabled when used with a DPP44 but why would E* say that it doesn't work with a DP34 or a DP21?

I've also heard of people sucessfully using a separator with a DP-34 and a dual tuner receiver. I figure that all versions of DP-34s are not equal. Perhaps some are closer to a DPP-44, and share some of the capabilities.

Just a theory.

Mark

Dish's Switch Compatibility Chart indicates that you can use a DP34 with the Dish Pro Plus Twin that comes as standard with the Dish1000; however, if you do so, the LNBF's input port and DP Plus capabilities become disabled.

Last edited:
Edit: Just found a Technical Bulletin again saying that the DP34 cannot be used with a DPP Twin:

http://www.satelliteone.com/dish/su...tion_Information_&_Special_Considerations.pdf

Regarding the LNB in port being disabled, it's disabled with the DPP44 anyways so I don't think that's the reason why they made such statement. But hey, it works.

Rdinkel,

Do you have a link to the Dish's Swith Compatibility Chart? I saw it somewhere before but can't find it.

RandallA said:
Edit: Just found a Technical Bulletin again saying that the DP34 cannot be used with a DPP Twin:
http://www.satelliteone.com/dish/su...tion_Information_&_Special_Considerations.pdf
Regarding the LNB in port being disabled, it's disabled with the DPP44 anyways so I don't think that's the reason why they made such statement. But hey, it works.
Rdinkel,
Do you have a link to the Dish's Swith Compatibility Chart? I saw it somewhere before but can't find it.
Don't have link, but attached is a scan of the chart. Bob
Compatibility Chart.JPG

confused

'm newbie, just get dish1000 (install 2 LNBs, one small) for americ 60, HD package, VOOM, movie channel

now i try to add a switch, so i connect to 2 receivers (or more in the future). i'm considering dp34. but after read this post, i'm confused: too many terminology

so what's conclusion now: it works or NOT? do i need some additonal stuff?

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts