Dish 1000, DPP44 and 3 receivers.

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I want to connect 3 receivers to Dish 1000. Please take a look a the attached diagram and kindly let me know if this configuration will work.

Thanks.

Attachments

• sat diag 1.JPG
    sat diag 1.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 478
Looks OK, have some comments on it though:

1. 121? Your diagram shows 121 orbital going to port 4, yet the 1000 or 1000.2 dish is 119/110/129. If you are trying to hook up 121 FSS from an old Superdish, the the diagram is correct. If you are trying to hook up 129 from a 1000(.2) dish, it should really go to port 3 not 4 as it is not an FSS satellite.

2. Good job on hooking up the power inserter to the single tuner. This will provide more stable operation if you feed a TV2 signal to another TV through diplexers from the Dual tuners. I see on your diagram that the power inserter is connected to port 1, which is correct as well.

3. Although the specs. indicate that a 1000.2 LNB or DPPlusTwin wil work with a DPP44 switch, it would be best to use DishPro LNBs with the switch (either a DP twin for 110/119 and a DP Single/Dual for 129, or 3 DP Single/Dual LNBS, 1 for each orbital). If it is truly a 1000 dish, you will already have the bracket you need for this. If it is a 1000.2 dish you will need a "W" bracket.

If he gets a 1000.2 dish, the DPP44 will be unnecessary for his setup. If he has a regular 1000, then a DPP33 will work as well and won't require a power inserter. Both are more affordable solutions to the DPP44.

I agree with AF, don't use DPP LNBs with DPP switches.

typo?

You have a Dish 1000 then the outputs from it are 110, 119, & 129. These should be connect to 1, 2, & 3 input ports in that order. Use port 4 for FSS or if you have a wing dish. Personally I would have one of the 622's on port 1 but that may not make any difference but just know that's how it works with mine.

It is Dish 1000 and it is 129, I can never remember which one has all the HD channels. So then I will use port 1, 2, 3. I already have DPP44, so I will use that one.

My new question is this. For the 622 receivers I do not have the telephone or network lines near by. So there is no way to connect them and avoid the charges. I was wondering if anyone knows if a wireless USB addapter from will work. I will plug it to the receivers USB port?

Thanks

No i don't think it will detect the usb like a computer, the best next thing is either try to convince them if they can provide u with a phone x ( wireless phone jack ) but that will be a headache, or just buy one from radio shack.

OP, search the DISH forum for the phrase "how cool is that" and you'll find a wealth of information about using the power line networking for the 622.

Also, put 119 on port 1, not 110. The reason is 119 has most of the core satellite programming and most switch failures tend to only route port 1 so you'll have quite a few channels should your switch fail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)