Dish 1000 in Sacramento, CA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I had this installed back in February and no issues here. Signals are strong and I have not had a dropout, even during the storms we had this year. I have more issues with over the air locals cutting out even on good weather days.

I have d1000 in Governers Village. I have had the d1000 repointed once, but i do still get some pixellation and in bad weather i did lose the signal a couple of times.
But i am thinking my signals are still too low, and considering tinkering with it again myself.
I am recording on all my recieivers right now so cant get strenghts.

its worked good so far for me, ive only had it like 3 weeks though and it hasnt rained in a while here. i guess i will have to wait another 5 or 6 months before it starts raining again to see how good it is in bad weather.

This is the biggest rip off I have had with Dish

sams0n said:
its worked good so far for me, ive only had it like 3 weeks though and it hasnt rained in a while here. i guess i will have to wait another 5 or 6 months before it starts raining again to see how good it is in bad weather.

Inorder to upgrade from 924 to 622, I had to get the 1000 and loose my 500 which was aimed at 61.5. I would have liked to have used my 1000 aimed for the best signal from 119 & 110 and relied on most of my HD programming to come from 61.5 where the signal is strong. This was not allowed. The only ones this is allowed for are those who have CBS national service.

Now I frequently loose signal & we have perfect weather. The installer has come out alread one additional time. The last hope I have is pay out money again and hope the Dish 1000 plus is stronger.

I live in Elk Grove, CA :mad:

swade said:
I would have liked to have used my 1000 aimed for the best signal from 119 & 110 and relied on most of my HD programming to come from 61.5 where the signal is strong. This was not allowed.
Local HD is on the 110 and 129 in Sac. That's probably why you had to move to the 129 from 61.5. I had to do the same thing myself. I could get a better signal from 61.5, but so far the dish 1000 has been fine.

swade said:
Inorder to upgrade from 924 to 622, I had to get the 1000 and loose my 500 which was aimed at 61.5. I would have liked to have used my 1000 aimed for the best signal from 119 & 110 and relied on most of my HD programming to come from 61.5 where the signal is strong. This was not allowed. The only ones this is allowed for are those who have CBS national service.

Now I frequently loose signal & we have perfect weather. The installer has come out alread one additional time. The last hope I have is pay out money again and hope the Dish 1000 plus is stronger.

I live in Elk Grove, CA :mad:

D1000's are not perfect, but they do work and when properly set up in our area should give you signal strength in the 60's and 70's for 129 which is plenty for good reception in good weather. What signal levels are you getting on the 129 transponders?

Doug in Auburn

My 1000 is OK. I haven't had any dropouts. My readings range from 65-80 depending on the transponder. The only channel I use it for though is 58 HD. Everything else migrated over to E*10. I kept my dish at 61.5 for a couple PI stations I watch, the Voom, and CBSHD National. They thought they were going to take it and I said noooooo way. I already had the 44 switch. A very nice tech put it in when he installed my 61.5 and said, "In case you want to upgrade in the future."

Scott
Elk Grove

Scott who did your install?

teachsac said:
My 1000 is OK. I haven't had any dropouts. My readings range from 65-80 depending on the transponder. The only channel I use it for though is 58 HD. Everything else migrated over to E*10. I kept my dish at 61.5 for a couple PI stations I watch, the Voom, and CBSHD National. They thought they were going to take it and I said noooooo way. I already had the 44 switch. A very nice tech put it in when he installed my 61.5 and said, "In case you want to upgrade in the future."

Scott
Elk Grove

Who did your install?

Would you recommend them? I assume yes.

If everyone is required to go to 129 why do they waist 61.5 as a mirror?

I know you have the inside scoop! ... is thee a date for the new channels?

Wade

Scotts neighbor, sort of :eek:

Channel Choice in EG does my installs. They are awesome. The local E* techs had been out to my house three times and all three times they have not wanted to do the work scheduled (the little guy didn't want to climb my two story house). I needed to call the Exec team all three times.

around the first give or take.

Scott

I get about a 65% signal strength on 129. Getting the Dish tuned on all 3 sats is a challenge. All I can say, is get an experienced tech. It took three attempts to fix my dish (broken bolt) and have it properly retuned.

when mine was installed that's also what i had. the technician took forever to get that high actually! he thought he was done then I told him, no sir, still can't find 129! he finally got it, but not after trying for about one hour!

rrdupre said:
I get about a 65% signal strength on 129. Getting the Dish tuned on all 3 sats is a challenge. All I can say, is get an experienced tech. It took three attempts to fix my dish (broken bolt) and have it properly retuned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)