Dish 1000 install vs superdish

andy0990

Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
Well I decided to go with DISH network the other day because of the HD content and the company I ordered from sent a installer from out of state yesterday he got there really late (as it was getting dark) and pouring down rain. He told me in the few minutes he was here there is no line of site for the dish 1000. I installed a superdish a few months ago and it worked fine 119 usually had signal over 100 and 110 was pretty high dont remember exact num I still have the pole and wiring all in place, is there that much of a difference in aiming the dish 1000? The super dish was aimed pretty well in open there is a hill but its probably a mile away I figured the 1000 with the 129 bird would still be aimed in same vicinity, installer said 129 was lower sat and would be hard to get because of hillside and trees. He could have been right the superdish is the only satellite I ever installed from start to finish and it took luck to get it lined up well but from my point of view it looked pretty clear even with hill. He never even checked for another vantage point. But does anyone have any thoughts on this is there that much difference? Should I get a second opinion or does anyone know if DISH has a self install option?

Yes, I would most definitely get a 2nd opinion regarding your line of site. The 129 is a tricky bird since it is lower in elevation than just about anything else from Dish.

Given the set of circumstances you've detailed, more than likely you got caught up with an installer who was (a) at then end of the day and (b) dealing with crappy weather. Sounds like he didn't give it his all.

Good Idea

A second opinion is a good idea. However - you don't say which superdish you had? 105 or 121? Anyway 129 is 8 degrees lower than 121, so it can be down in the weeds from the northern reaches.

Good Luck! Eric

And just to make this my 1000 post :D ....

Maybe give some thought to testing it yourself. Mark the azimuth on the mast, and the elevation and skew; and then see if you can get 129 using the 119 LNBF on your Superdish.