Dish 1000 on roof

OK GF waits a week to get Dish 1000 installed, have a old Dish 500 on roof now from previous owners. Dish Installer shows up and says Dish will no longer install Dishes over living spaces. What the F#ck?? Dish are idits, they say theyc an have a contractor come do it, but Dish will not be responsible? WOW Dish is really trying to loose new customers. My question, since the Dish 1000 is bigger, is the surface area of a Dish 1000 a problem mounted on a roof with wind? Ground mount is out due to LOS issues. If they are not goiing to do roof installs then they shoudl tell you that up front since majority of installs I see are roof mounted. Or should I look at DirecTV.

Anyone have Dish 1000 on a standard style roof? Any issues? So she goes another week without TV!! Love Charlie!!
Unreal..But not unexpected. This may be a local rule set by the GM of your local Dish Network Office.
Around here, it's get the thing put in wherever you can. As long as it is safe to go on the roof and there is littel risk to me, I'll put the damn thing anywhere.
I prefer to do pole mounts or wall mounts with the larger antennas. But I won't let a roof mount over living space stop me.. 10 years. No leaks...

Call a local retailer!! Not the dish number!! And just because a installer will not mount on the roof does not make him a bad installer. I have been bit by mounting on the roof. I had to turn it into my insurance and then they would not renew me. The wind took the dish off the roof and I got blamed.

I'm a little confused. What does "living area" have to do with anything on a roof install?

And, how does one tell the difference between a D1000 and a 1000.2?

in the Dish Manual the "prefered" roof mount is over a "non living" area. Such as on a garage roof or the area of the roof above the soffit.

I have been bit by mounting on the roof. I had to turn it into my insurance and then they would not renew me. The wind took the dish off the roof and I got blamed.

Please allow me to submit pics from a recent storm that the National Weather Service classified as a 'microburst straight line winds in excess of 95 MPH" This is my house.... Over 600 sq ft of roof is completely gone, over a foot and a half of brick chimney collapsed, an upstairs window 2/3 sucked out of its frame, and a fence with over 100 pounds of concrete tossed around like paper slamming into the house and trees destroyed everywhere in the neighborhood.

Now -- Please note - Look at the pic - BOTH DISHES stayed in place and received a perfect signal when the power came back on.

dishstorm.jpg

alley.jpg

I rest my case on the sturdiness of roof mount

Could be a local rule

I don't know about all areas, but here in Savannah, our QAS will FAIL an inspection if we install a dish on a roof (anywhere, not just over living spaces) and do not get the customer to initial off on paperwork that they specifically requested that the dish be installed there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts