Dish 1000+ Plus Help Point... Please

q786

Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Hi,

I'm using a Dish 311 reciever with Dish 1000+ and DPP44. I'm having problem pointing the Dish. I was trying to find 119 W with no luck so I hooked up 129 on first port and I got 119. So basically I am catching 119 with the 129 lnb. Reciever is unable to find the switch but I just want to peak 119 on the lnb it should be on. So right now my dish is setup in a way that I am getting 119 W with a signal of 68-70 on Transponder 11, but this is on the wrong lnb as only have 129 hooked up.

How should move the Dish to get it right?

cover all lnbs with foil except 119 lnb then adjust dish until you get 119 on the proper lnb, I had a similar problem when I did my installation could not find 110 bird. Actully the scale on the side for degrees up and down was off a little and had to tilt dish up more than specs said for my location.

Hope this helps

If you are picking up 119 with the 129 LNB then more than likely you have your elevation set too high, or the skew is set incorrectly. it's also possible that the mast you are using is not plumb (level) and this could the same issue. double check your mast, then double check you skew and elevation settings with the documentation that came with your 1000+ dish to make sure everything is set correctly. Good luck.

I'm having a similar issue, and have a question about the mast plum..

Which part is supposed to be level? When i installed the base i made sure the top of the mast was level. However when i dropped my superdish 121 on it the back of the ....sorry for this..thing that goes around the mast that you tighten down....isnt level. Did the mast sink when i put the weight of the dish on it? Or is that piece where the you tighten it down supposed to be whats level.

Reason i ask is im having trouble getting the sat to pick up even two birds at once, im sure its probally elevation or skew issue, im just a newb.

Hi,

I'm using a Dish 311 reciever with Dish 1000+ and DPP44. I'm having problem pointing the Dish. I was trying to find 119 W with no luck so I hooked up 129 on first port and I got 119. So basically I am catching 119 with the 129 lnb. Reciever is unable to find the switch but I just want to peak 119 on the lnb it should be on. So right now my dish is setup in a way that I am getting 119 W with a signal of 68-70 on Transponder 11, but this is on the wrong lnb as only have 129 hooked up.

How should move the Dish to get it right?

Lower elevation about a degree and move the dish a little to the right (viewing from the back of the dish) or west.

Always start back at the beginning with a dish like that if it's giving you trouble. Double check elevation and skew. Make certain the mast is level, WITH the weight of the dish on it. Tip: If you are having any trouble getting a pole or mast to be perfectly plumb*, manipulate it so that your error is in the plane of the azimuth reading or the way the dish faces. A crooked pole will either affect elevation or skew. If your pole is out of vertical- "front-to-back"- this is easily countered by an adjustment of elevation. If the pole is out of vertical "side-to-side" your skew will be messed up and without a dual meter, fixing it would be trial and error; most likely time consuming.

*Plumb is when you use a level and measure the circular pole for vertical, measuring once near the top of the pole/mast and another measure of vertical is taken 90 degrees from the first measure- if both are level for vertical, it is plumb)

Settings on the 1000+ are different from the 500+. Same dish, but when trying to get 4 satellites instead of 3, the numbers have to be different. Post your ZIP and someone will gladly post your correct settings.

Also, bypass the switch altogether and just run a jumper from the receiver to the dish. I would suggest trying to get 110 using the 110 LNB which is to the right of the larger 118/119 LNB if you're viewing the dish from behind. 110 has a pretty screaming signal right now since Echostar 11 was fired up. It's so strong in fact that even non-existent satellite providers are complaining about it overpowering their signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)