Dish 1000 Plus LNB Any Future Version?

dellsam34

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
Does Dish Network have any plans to make one piece LNB for 110/118.7/119/129 instead of having a separate LNB and bracket for 129? They did a good progress from the old style switchless one by building the switch into it and making 110/118.7/119 one piece.

Seeing the DISH 500+ and 1000+ are the same dish just the addition of the 129 LNB is the difference I see no reason to change what currently works.

Last edited:
Yea, I'm content with the fact that I don't have to run four lines to an external switch anymore. I was even happy when they made the new DPP44's smaller and groundable.

Seeing the DISH 500+ and 1000+ are the same dish just the addition of the 129 LNB is the difference I see no reason to change what currently works.

All new subscribers will have HD receiver so 129 is a must I don't see why they shouldn't make one piece LNB and get rid of the cable loop. I like a sealed system that is protected from rain and snow. Maybe they will move all 118.7 channels to one of the 3 other sats 110/119/129 in that case a 1000.2 will be a perfect choice, If they start getting rid of SD channels they may have enough transponders to squeeze all Western channels into 3 sats, I do have the old dish 1000+ with DPP44 switch and I hate looking at that beast with the big eye in the forehead ...LOL

All new subscribers will have HD receiver so 129 is a must I don't see why they shouldn't make one piece LNB and get rid of the cable loop. I like a sealed system that is protected from rain and snow. Maybe they will move all 118.7 channels to one of the 3 other sats 110/119/129 in that case a 1000.2 will be a perfect choice, If they start getting rid of SD channels they may have enough transponders to squeeze all Western channels into 3 sats, I do have the old dish 1000+ with DPP44 switch and I hate looking at that beast with the big eye in the forehead ...LOL

?Are you a installer?

1. Not all new receivers are HD. I still install 625s fairly regularly.
2. Even if they were, not all customers subscribe to HD so in that case 129 is not necessary either. We usually put up the 1000.2 anyway, but it is not always required.
3. It will be quite a while before all the SD receivers are out of commission, so even if all new installs were HD with a 1000.2 dish, there are a ton of old receivers that need upgraded before what you are talking about happens.

1. Not all new receivers are HD. I still install 625s fairly regularly.
2. Even if they were, not all customers subscribe to HD so in that case 129 is not necessary either. We usually put up the 1000.2 anyway, but it is not always required.
3. It will be quite a while before all the SD receivers are out of commission, so even if all new installs were HD with a 1000.2 dish, there are a ton of old receivers that need upgraded before what you are talking about happens.

I installed a 922 and 311 two days ago on a Flex account, so talk about not getting rid of anything...

Couple weeks ago I did two more legacy swaps, so those mpeg2 receivers won't go away anytime soon. No idea where that other guy was getting his info from.

Very unlikely they will move anything off the the 118.7 since they scrapped 148 and transferred international from 61.5 all over to 118.7 .

Anybody who remembers the 148 "transitions" should get a good laugh out of this.

?Are you a installer?

I'm just a subscriber, But I do install my own dishes and occasionally close friends. Just seeing from their adds about the hopper leads me to believe they are no longer offering SD receivers. I may have to switch to DTV when they start broadcasting Ultra HDTV.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts