Dish 1000 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

C1787GJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2005
MASSACHUSETTS
Hellloooo Everyone. I currently have a Dish 500. Some of my locals are on 61.5 which I do not have the second dish to recieve them. If I called Dish and asked to get them would they install a second dish or could I get a Dish 1000. Does a Dish 1000 even see 61.5? Also does a Dish 1000 have a quad LNB like I have now or would I have to get some type of switch anyway? I currently have a 522 and a 625.

No, you wouldnt get a Dish 1000 as Chaddux said, but they will come out free of charge to install the second dish pointed at 61.5. 61.5 also has the voom channels if you're interested.

I'm not sure what they do with the switches, I believe you'll get a DP34.

well he has a 522 and 625 so vooms out of the question :) it depends what market your in and if your locals are on the dish 1000 slot witch is 129.. you would get 110,119 and 129. If your locals are not on the 129 bird then your stuck with the 2nd dish pointing to 61.5.

also if your locals are on 129 it would be the luck of the draw if you get a d1000 or not.. it would depend on the installer..

Im in the Boston, MA market. I heard somewhere by law aren't locals supposed to be able to be recieved on one dish or something along those lines.

E* still has some time before that law goes into effect, but its getting close. Dish will not install any dish 1000s northeast of Maryland, so you will get a second dish if you call and ask for your other local channels.

Sometime before the locals on one dish deadline, E* will be launching a new satellite that should enable them to get all the wing locals onto 110. Until then, you're gonna need the 61.5. It will be a free upgrade :)

you dont happen to know when that law does go into effect do you? Or wear to find out more info on it? Thanks I love this site :)

C1787GJ said:
you dont happen to know when that law does go into effect do you? Or wear to find out more info on it? Thanks I love this site :)

18 months from Dec 8, 2004. Sooo, I'm guessing sometime around June 2006. I dont have a link to info, but you could probably google 'fcc one dish locals' or something like that and get some info :)

Lets hope that the 129 is never used as the 1 dish solution for the northeast. Some years ago E* used a sat located at 129 for locals from Philly. In the local area the elevation was 19degrees so Mass. might be about 15 or less. Low enough for a bush to cause a NLOS. So hope for another solution , one that will work better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)