Dish 1000 question?

specsmaker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
When a new customer orders service in an area that dish1000 is available, and they ask for the HD package, do they automatically get a dish1000?

At least here in Ohio a D1000 is not automatic. I've had several installs where an 811 was called for but a D500 was asked. Like Shaggy said, if it's an option in your area, then get it. It's really not much larger than a D500 and well worth it down the road.

There's an easy way for new customers to get a D1000 instead of a D500 for something like $0-25 WHEREVER you are.
NOTE: SuperDish markets not mirrored to 129 require you to decide whether you want locals or V* for this cheap.

That is, walk into your reputable LOCAL RETAILER and talk to them.

The retailers cost difference between the D500 & D1000 is pretty small.

A nice guy will do it for free - especially if he's hungry.
A strict businessman will do it for $25.

Any more than that and you should go elsewhere.

Qidon,

Do you find it hard to make the 811 recognize the 129 LNB on the D1000 or is that more of an exception.

Took me two weeks before the check switch screen finally decided to display it.

Kandiru said:
Qidon,

Do you find it hard to make the 811 recognize the 129 LNB on the D1000 or is that more of an exception.

Took me two weeks before the check switch screen finally decided to display it.
Never had any problem, and I always make sure the HD box is seeing everything before I leave.

And yes, we always install a D1000 as part of an HD install, too. ;) The HD AO fee covers the difference. :)

if some of your locals are on 129, make sure you ask for your locals, not HD. if you ask for locals, they will install the 1000 for free. after the install, call up and ask for the Voom channels. If you say you want the 1000 for Voom, they will charge you for the install.

If your market's side locals are still available elsewhere besides 129, be careful: The CSR I called last night said that if you asked for all locals here you could get either a 1000 or a second dish for 148, depending on what the installer had.

I'd contact your local dealer to see if they have 1000's; I'm sure they'd much rather install a 1000 than a second dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts