Dish 1000 question

Sadoun said:
If space and $ no issue, and the signal is weak in your area, I would recommend you add a separate 30" dish for 129. You will have two dishes in this case:
Options:
Dish 500 with DPP Twin LNBF (you will need to upgrade your DP Twin)
30" Dish with DP dual.
or Dish 500 with DP Twin LNBF
DP34 switch
30" Dish with DP dual.
Or if you already have the DISH1000 and experiencing weak signal on any of the satellites,
1- Peak that dish to 110,119
2- remove the DP Dual and install it on a new 30" dish
3- Aim the 2nd dish to 129

Thanks for these suggestions. They are returning today for the third time. I'll print this (except for the $ no issue part!!) and give a copy to the installer.

This Tech left after dropping the existing signal 10%. He had no satellite locating device. He didn't have a long ladder. These guys are LinkUs subcontractors.

Last edited:
The rain may have dropped the signal some on 129. We get 70's and 80's in my area with the Dish1000 129 signal strength. Try to see what the signal is on a clear day before you have someone come back out. Having a lower signal will only affect the locals if it rains or if leaves block it in the springtime when trees bloom. To check the signal strength turn it to one of your local channels then press MENU then 6 then 1 then 1 again. You may live on the outside of the 129 beam as well as those that live in the corners of the U.S. are not able to get a good signal if a signal at all.

Stargazer said:
The rain may have dropped the signal some on 129. We get 70's and 80's in my area with the Dish1000 129 signal strength. Try to see what the signal is on a clear day before you have someone come back out. Having a lower signal will only affect the locals if it rains or if leaves block it in the springtime when trees bloom. To check the signal strength turn it to one of your local channels then press MENU then 6 then 1 then 1 again. You may live on the outside of the 129 beam as well as those that live in the corners of the U.S. are not able to get a good signal if a signal at all.

We have no locals, just East & West Feeds. No rain at the moment, either, though we have had a LOT of rain this month. Lost the 129 for awhile, it's locked now in the fiftys. My fault. I should not have this last guy in the gate. I surely should have stopped him when he requested that sweety call the numbers to him. I should have noticed that he did no elevation check nor had any way to adjust the dish other than "feel". This one was an embarassment to LinkUs and to Dish. And a waste of time. Heck, he even said he should have left it alone. This guy wanted me to check a list of items he "did" such as check cables, etc. What a joke.

Only difference in masts is the D1000 one is a bit longer in the lower leg - to provide extra clearance in case you have to face it parallel to a wall.

UPDATE - Installer returned, pulled the dish off the garage and put a pole in the yard. Lost the 129 altogether, spent about two hours on it,took the 1000 off and put a dish 500 on the pole and left. No 129 and now a pole in the yard! It gets better all the time!

i have no words. what are they doing????????? how many try do they need to get you up and running this is out rage!!!!!!! did they even try a dish 500 with I-bracket for 129 separate?

volkodav said:
i have no words. what are they doing????????? how many try do they need to get you up and running this is out rage!!!!!!! did they even try a dish 500 with I-bracket for 129 separate?

nope. I'm going to push for a two dish install on tomorrow's go-round.

if i was you ill call back and raise HELL!!!!!! what kind of techs are they sending!!!!! thats not right.

I have a dialogue of sorts going with a lady at Echostar, Natalie Winters. Does not seem to be doing too much good.

Sadoun' s excellent web site shows the 129 satellite as Telstar 5. is that correct? Would that be the same as echostar 5?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)