dish 1000 setting

cabledawg55

Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
would anyone have the setting's for the dish 1000, for reno, nevada? i've tried the one in the guide and i can't get it to work, it say's skew91,elev 42, but can't get 119 to set on the center lnb. thanks

I don't have any experience with the Dish 1000, Dish 1000.2, or the Dish 1000+. However, since no one has responded to your request, I'll give you some generic info that is good for some other multi-LNBF/orbital location dishes, and also post a link to a thread that has some info you may be interested in.

If you got those settings out of the book based on a Zip Code and did not make a mistake reading it, they should be correct. If not, I don't think they are very far off.

The most critical part in peaking a multi-orbital location dish is starting with a plumb mast. If not plumb, you will either not get all 3 locations, or one or two of them will have weak signals. Check and ensure your mast is plumb in more than 2 spots, like left and right, and then frontwards and backwards.

Once the mast is plumb, set the skew and don't touch it anymore.

Then, the instructions will tell you to peak one Sat first, and then the next. I suspect it is 110, and then 129, and then back to 110. If you get the 2 outside birds on a multi-LNBF dish, then the middle one should come in fine.

but can't get 119 to set on the center lnb
That is a very vague comment.

Are you getting 119 on another LNBF instead of the center? If so, then you need to swing the dish about 9 degrees, either left or right depending on which outside LNBF you are picking it up on.
You should be able to put foil over the two outer LNBF's, and then if you pick up 119, it will have to be on the center LNBF. Likewise, if you cover 129 and 119, you will have to pick up 110 on the 110. The Point Dish screen will tell you if you locked onto the right satellite.

Which satellite(s) are you picking up?

Here's a link to another thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=56238&highlight=Dish+1000+Settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts