Dish 1000 signal in Seattle area

rixhd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 2, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
I am not getting a good signal on 129. It constantly drops out. I pointed my dish with a meter for 119. Can anyone in my area tell me if my signal strength is abnormal for the area? If it isn't is there any hope of 129 improving? Here is my signal data:Satellite Signal Strengths
satsigstr.jpg

try peaking it with 129 satellite, you might compromise signal on 119 and 110 but not much. or put separate dish for 129.

Last edited:
make sure your mast leveled, and tight and there is nothing in front of the dish. check your setting ( elevation and skew)

rixhd,

The readings for 129 are on the low side for us in the West coast. You could probably do better and should try peaking it but don't expect a great improvement. Most of my TPs on 129 are in the lower 80s and 20 and 21 (our locals) are in the low 70s. I have a separate D500 for 129.

BTW, nice graphic.

I'm in Mill Creek. My numbers were about the same initially with my dish 1000. The installer did a tweak on the skew (now at 89). That helped a little but numbers wise not a big change. I'm not seeing dropouts and that's the main thing for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts