Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dtvmike

Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
NYC
hi , i'm new to the forum, and thinking of getting FTA. i was wonder what is the difference between the (dish network) Dish 1000 plus pro vs. the Dish 1000.2. does any one have any idea of what's the difference? and will both dish work for FTA? also i'm trying to find one that will pick up "Chinese" channels from china. IF there's any? I was also wondering if anyone will recommend the Coolsat 8000 HD or should wait for the Viewsat 8000 HD? Currently I am a paid subscriber to Direct TV, but they only have 5 Chinese channels, and I was told that there's satellite that could recieved up to 30 chinese channels. But as of now, my main question will be the Dish 1000 pro/plus vs. a Dish 1000.2. also last question, is it possible to split the satellite with a spliter for 2 sperate room?

Thanks. :hatsoff:

will both dish work for FTA?
Not really.
A 90cm dish is a good choice. That's about 36 inches.
Here's a picture of a typical unit.
also i'm trying to find one that will pick up "Chinese" channels from china.
I was also wondering if anyone will recommend the Coolsat 8000 HD or should wait for the Viewsat 8000 HD?
I don't think there are any hi def Chinese channels.
Check these two sites for programming content:
FTAlist and GlobalCM
also last question, is it possible to split the satellite with a spliter for 2 sperate room?
That's not how it's done.
But is certainly possible to feed TVs in two rooms with one signal from one FTA receiver.
And if you plan ahead, it's easy to have two FTA receivers on different channels, each with its own TV set.

PS: I would remove the poll, as it is not valid for FTA.

cant remove the poll so its closed because its useless

All the dishes you posted won't work for 99% of the FTA out there. As noted, you need at least a 30" dish & a KU LNB

Check out the global-cm site that anole posted. They list the language ot the right of the channel so you can see the different chinese channels

Great, Thanks guys,

You guys just saved me some money =)
And thanks for the links to the satellite, I'll check it out.
Pretty much any 30 inch plus satellite will work for FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)