Dish 1000 with DP34 Switch

givemetoro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
Dish 1000= External LNB: No Connection

Okay, I've been reading around and need you guys to help clarify something for me.
I installed a Dish 1000 for a friend the other day who was upgrading from a dish 500. He still has old dish and the old LNB's and was looking for a switch.
In the installation guide it says that you need a DP44 switch for the dish 1000.
After reading around here I've come to the understanding that if I put the old Dish 500 LNB's back in place of the new Twin LNBs and then I run a DP34 (Much cheaper than DP44) and use it to connect the 129 LNB with the Dish 500 LNB that everything will work... is this correct?

Last edited:
As long as the old LNBs are DP then you're OK. We also found out that you can use the DPP Twin that comes with the D1000 with a DP34. Do a search for the thread, it was a recent thread.

you can use the pro-plus lnb and feed the 129 lnb into it to feed 2 receivers, if more than 2 receivers you will have to use a dish pro twin lnb and feed those two ports and the 129 lnb into a 34 switch, this will give you 4 outputs. If there are any dual tuners in use (322,625..etc) the separators will need to be removed and individual feeds from the switch to the second sat input will have to be run.

Okay, his old LNB just says Dish Pro on it. It's number is BS1B1UP401M...

I don't imagin thats the Pro Plus...

deathfromabove said:
...if more than 2 receivers you will have to use a dish pro twin lnb and feed those two ports and the 129 lnb into a 34 switch, this will give you 4 outputs. If there are any dual tuners in use (322,625..etc) the separators will need to be removed and individual feeds from the switch to the second sat input will have to be run.
You can also use the DPP Twin that comes with the Dish 1000, as if it were a DP Twin, with the DP34 switch. In this configuration, the Satellite In port on the DPP Twin is disabled.

dish says DPP will work with SW34. i real experience it doesn't. keeps coming up with error messages.

i do TC routs all day. and when DPP twins came out tech were using them with SW34 and i had to replace all of them with aether DP twins or DP duals.

Where is that thread mdonnelly? Oh here it is:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=51593

I always thought that you couldn't use the DPP Twin with a DP34, in fact some technical bulletins from Dish Network say that you can't but as you can see in that thread "mdonnelly" is using it and I also found a document that says that you can if you have 2 DP receivers connected to the DP34.

Of course the LNB in is disabled in the DPP Twin.

givemetoro said:
Okay, his old LNB just says Dish Pro on it. It's number is BS1B1UP401M...
I don't imagin thats the Pro Plus...
Then you're fine just use the D1000 with the DP Twin from the D500 and the DP Dual that came with the D1000 to feed the DP34

Okay, I was reading through the other post and correct me if I'm wrong...

If I'm running a straight of the of the box Dish 1000 and just one reciever do I even need a switch?

And if I use a dp34 switch I'd have to have 2 recievers to power the switch?

The guy only has one receiver so we can pretty much rule out using the dp34, but.... does he need one at all?

givemetoro said:
Okay, I was reading through the other post and correct me if I'm wrong...
If I'm running a straight of the of the box Dish 1000 and just one reciever do I even need a switch?
And if I use a dp34 switch I'd have to have 2 recievers to power the switch?
The guy only has one receiver so we can pretty much rule out using the dp34, but.... does he need one at all?
With only one receiver, or even two, use the DPP Twin. No external switch required.

Last edited:
No if he only has one receiver, you don't need the DP34. You can use the DPP Twin that comes with the D1000 and just run one cable to the receiver. The second Lnb goes into the LNB in in the DPP Twin. If you use the DP Twin (Old LNB) then you'll need the DP34 to combine the 3 satellites.

So you'll have DPP Twin for 119, 110 and the DP Dual (smaller LNB) for 129. The DP dual connects to the DPP Twin and you run one cable to the receiver.

Okay, after setting it up where the 2nd LNB runs into the twin LNB with a cable ran from the twin to the reciever and running a check switch I recieved a...

External LNB: N.C. No Connection.

I'm guessing that it's talking about the 2nd LNB?

Few things,

Ask a moderator to change the title since you're not really dealing with a DP34.

Disconnect the LNB for 129 and run a check switch and tell us what you get. You should only get 119 and 110, if you don't get anything something else is wrong with cabling or even the DPP Twin.

What's the receiver model your friend have?

Alright, I'll check that out later today when I get the chance. I just want to thank you guys for being so helpful and efficient... it really is amazing!

Okay, I've checked and his Reciever is a 301 and after running check switch without the 129 it reads CONN1= TWIN CONN2= TWIN CONN3= N.C.
Also, it doesn't show 129 when I'm at the Point Dish it shows 61.5, 105, 110, 119, 121, 148...

It doesn't show 129, I'm not sure why... but I'll try a different cable here in a minute and let you know. If it works then it should read CONN1: TWIN CONN2: TWIN CONN3: DUAL or something to that extent right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts