Dish 1000

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
My question is when i install my Dish 1000 what satellite will it need to be pointed at so i can get the voom channels?

The Dish1000 will pickup 110, 119 and 129 so when the Dish1000 is setup it will get all of those satellite slots in and the VoOm channels will come in if you have an MPEG-4 HD receiver. If you have an MPEG-2 HD receiver that is already active then you will not get all of the HD channels.

downriver said:
My 1000 installation guide says to peak the 119.

Yes that is for initial set-up but if installed right it will get all three sats(110,119,129) as StarGazer Said. However 129 is where Voom is.

The mast MUST be plumb on all sides in order to make the skew and elevation numbers true with what the manual states in tuning 119 in. 110 and 129 should come in once 119 is set if you (or the installer) does what your supposed to do correctly.

Some people have been reporting that if you strengthen 119 you weaken 129 and if you strengthen 129 you weaken 119. If someone experiences issues getting a strong you 129 due to trees/blockage then you should peak for 129 in which means sacrificing some of 110/119 to do so. 129 has the weakest signal of the three satellites (just like 105/121 does on a SuperDish).

Stargazer said:
The mast MUST be plumb on all sides in order to make the skew and elevation numbers true with what the manual states in tuning 119 in. 110 and 129 should come in once 119 is set if you (or the installer) does what your supposed to do correctly.

Some people have been reporting that if you strengthen 119 you weaken 129 and if you strengthen 129 you weaken 119. If someone experiences issues getting a strong you 129 due to trees/blockage then you should peak for 129 in which means sacrificing some of 110/119 to do so. 129 has the weakest signal of the three satellites (just like 105/121 does on a SuperDish).

Since the Dish1000 is pointed at 119, with the same coordinates as the original Dish300 (originally unnamed when introduced), the 119 position is at the center or rotation of the skew adjustment of the geometric unit, At that point the arc of the Dish1000's viewing aperature crosses the arc of the Clarke Belt for the particular position on the earth.

By changing the skew adjustment, no change is made at the 119/Clarke Belt intersection. The 119 signal will not change. Raising the 129 position will lower the 110 position and vice versa.

Basically, the 110 signal strength will be scaraficed for a stronger signal at 129.

Stargazer said:
Remember that the published numbers are just a starting point!

Once you get signal on all 3 birds, then you need to peak it - Mike500's post tells you why/how.

Dish 1000 & VIP 622 installation at condo

Sorry I hit the wrong button. I ordered a VIP622 and a dish 1000 and I live in a condominium. There are 3 condos that share 1 dish 500 with DP34 switches. When we get the dish 1000 installed,(that we will all have to share) can they leave the DP 34 switches?
Right now I have a 522 with 2 cables running to it and a 301 and a 510 with separate cables running to them. I'm going to have him install the VIP622 and 522 and get rid of the 301 and 510. Is this possible?

It won't be an issue to swap out the D500 for the D1000. As far as the 622, the installer will just have to run another feed to whichever room the 622 will reside in and then backfeed the "TV2" output to your other room

Cant install Dish 1000

Well the installer was here today 1/2 hour past the 5 hour window he was supposed to be. He didnt call are anything. He looked around and saw that the dish 500 had other people using it with two dp34's and he said he could not install the dish 1000 because it wouldnt work for the other people that were hooked up to it. He said he was going to have his supervisor look over the situation on Monday and let me know for sure.
When I ordered this I told the Dish CSR what kind of hookups were needed but she said that it would not be a problem. Here I am with a VIP622 and so far no way to hook it up.

You have to remember the CSR's are not on the job. I dont really see a problem with it all you have to do is switch out the dishes. I don't know about other offices, but I and the other techs at our DNSC have nextels to constantly stay in contact with our FSM or General Manager. The only problem I could see is switching out the equipment on the dish. Sometimes you have to run a check switch, especially when equipment is changed, but as long as your still using the same LNBF and adding another LNBF for the 129. I don't see a problem. I would call to find out what's going on. If you don't get results, yell and scream that you are going to change to direct or something. Trust me when I saw you should not have any problems. Sometimes the CSRs don't listen unless you are yelling at them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts