Dish 129 News

Jury's out on whether it really gets you a better signal than just putting your LNB on the regular two-lnb bracket.
Some say it'll give you a couple of points on the signal meter.
I'm not sure that's enough....
But, it'll sure make aiming easier :)

DishStore is a supporter of this forum, and I've bought from them several times.
They carry all the I, W, and Y brackets.

Anole said:
Jury's out on whether it really gets you a better signal than just putting your LNB on the regular two-lnb bracket.
Some say it'll give you a couple of points on the signal meter.
I'm not sure that's enough....
But, it'll sure make aiming easier :)

DishStore is a supporter of this forum, and I've bought from them several times.
They carry all the I, W, and Y brackets.
Your right, I replaced my DP twin and got 2 to 4 more points on my signal.

The picture Pepper posted above, is the real deal.
I have one of those around here somewhere.

Don't recall the actual gain, but I don't think it was any more than 10 points , if that.
So, when would 8..10 points of improvement really do the job?
That's why I said above, that if you really want more power (as Tim the Toolman would say), you'll need more dish! than that little 24. :)

It only took them how long to admit there is a problem............that's what makes me mad. What about the people who only have a 1000, can they get it put up for free and who has to eat the cost?? I personally have refused to put up the 1000 but I'm sure there are a lot of retailers who did.

If it is only a 10 point gain, and some people were only getting in the 40s and low 50s in the NW, then they are still going to experience frequent signal loss. Although it won't be as frequent.

I am really starting to hate the Dish1000 because of the signal loss issues. I have been putting more of these in lately and what a PAIN it is trying to get a decent signal particularly for 129 in some areas. I have seen in some circumstances the Dish1000 hurting the 129 signal as much as 20+% and hurting the other signals as well trying to get them to balance out. I find that a Dish500 + a Dish300 is a better solution since I can peak 129 into the 80's. I think it depends on what transponder your locals are on as well as I notice some come in a bit better than the other ones.

PeggyD said:
This is good news, Scott. But I have more problems with low signal on 110 lately. Even though the signal strength on 129 is around 50-60 on most transponders, I don't have the drop-outs I do on 110. We have a DISH 500 on 110/119 & another DISH 500 for 129.

Hi Everybody,
I'm a new DishHD subscriber so I don't really know much about it yet.
I think I have D1000 & D500, cause both channels tells me so.
My Signal strength is 88 for 110 - 124 for 119 & 69 for 129 here in Los Angeles and all of the HD channels looks pretty good at all times.
Is the signal strength more affected by better equipment or logistics?

ISO perfect HDTV said:
Hi Everybody,
I'm a new DishHD subscriber so I don't really know much about it yet.
I think I have D1000 & D500, cause both channels tells me so.
My Signal strength is 88 for 110 - 124 for 119 & 69 for 129 here in Los Angeles and all of the HD channels looks pretty good at all times.
Is the signal strength more affected by better equipment or logistics?
You need to test all the transponders on each satellite to determine the signal strength range. Your 110 & 119 will likely be stonger with 119 being the strongest. If you have 129 on a separate dish (probably 500) you should be able to get signals ranging from 68 to 89 (in good weather ) in the L.A. area. If all your satellites are on a 1000, you will probably get onlya 62 to 82 range in signal strength for 129. Other than that (2 dishes), there is only one way to affect signal strength -- more precise dish pointing.

gpflepsen said:
What is this, and is there a picture of it somewhere?

I have an unused D500 that I'm considering putting up for 129. I don't need both lnbs on it, just the one for 129.

here is what a D500 looks like with an I adapter. This dish on the left is aimed at 110. The dish on the right is 61.5 and 119 is over on the big 36" whit dish in the corner :D

Attachments

• IM000837.JPG
    IM000837.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 144
If you are using dish 500 to get a better signal on 129, do not use the Y bracket. There is a significant signal loss if the dish is setup is to hit more than one sat. In my experiemce the gain is minimal if you use the bracket and just aim for one bird. The 24" dish aimed properly at 129 should give you significant gain in signal strength over a dish 500 with a dual lnb bracket, but I am not sure that is it enough. A 30" dish in NW US may be a better option. A 39 inch Channel Master dish in mid Alberta is still not enough but the signal drop is not overly long and appears worst at about 9 - 11 at night.