Dish 18 month requirement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

deacon70

Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
We need to upgrade a 6000u hd reciever because of a intermittent heat problem. The plan was to go with the VIP 622 which we found out only has a 90 day warranty. Dish requires 18 month commitment.
I know you can buy the insurance, but why should we commit to them when they only commit for 90 days to us.

Have talked to (4) different CSR and each has had a different story and a different accent. Also we need someone to check the signal access, they say signal will be tested on installation.
Current signal is strong but we are shooting over and thru some trees
don't want to get hung up in paper work and then find out we can't get the signal.

Local vendor will not deal with us because orignal install was done by a different dealer. Dish checked their records and thinks that vendor is out of business, no phone or address.

We are real close to forgetting the whole thing.

We need to upgrade a 6000u hd reciever because of a intermittent heat problem. The plan was to go with the VIP 622 which we found out only has a 90 day warranty. Dish requires 18 month commitment.
If you lease the receiver, you don't have to worry about the warranty.

As a non-DVR HD receiver owner, there aren't many special deals, so you should expect to pay $199 up front for a lease and get $10 worth of credits a month for signing up for the DishHD package. You may be able to do better.

Don't fall into the hole where you think that there will be any residual value in purchasing a receiver outright. In 18 months, the ViP622 will likely be a closeout item.

Vip622 has a 1 year warranty. After that you can get Home Owners Advantage coverage for $5.98 per month.

Some wait until they have a problem, sign up for HOA then get service.

It all depends if you were a new or existing sub when you sign up for the DVR advantage.

New sub must sign up for auto pay and commitment.
Existing sub must sign up for auto pay or a 18 month commitment.

Here is the link to the information. It is at the bottom of the page.
DISH Network -- Packages Overview

Existing Customer: You must elect an 18-month commitment or Credit Card AutoPay/recurring EFT payments with online billing as well as subscribe to America’s Top 200 plus local channels and have a qualifying DVR to participate.

Wouldn't DIU automatically stick you in a 18-month commitment though? I was going to DIU to VIP622 and (if they'll let me if I beg) a VIP222 and return the Dish 311s.

Since the receiver is leased, its always in warranty. The only issue is who pays shipping on a defective box.

Worse case scenario your out $14.95 for the shipping to get a replacement unit sent out, or you get Free shipping with the $5.99 warranty.

It all depends if you were a new or existing sub when you sign up for the DVR advantage.

New sub must sign up for auto pay and commitment.
Existing sub must sign up for auto pay or a 18 month commitment.

Here is the link to the information. It is at the bottom of the page.
DISH Network -- Packages Overview
I just signed up for DVR Advantage as a new subscriber with no commitment. I just had to pay the $50 activation fee. If I accepted the 18-month commitment, they would have rebated me the $50 on my monthly bill. I didn't sign up for autopay.

I just signed up for DVR Advantage as a new subscriber with no commitment. I just had to pay the $50 activation fee. If I accepted the 18-month commitment, they would have rebated me the $50 on my monthly bill. I didn't sign up for autopay.

If you did then you are lucky. If you read the terms on their website it shows different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)