Dish #2 most hated company in america

That is such hogwash.I don't trust worst of ratings that doesn't have AT&T at number 1.Gotta be some kickbacks somewhere.

Hey no Comcast or Charter.....seriously????

Directv I know some people hate them but not even on the list....kinda shocked

It seems like all these magazines and studies have their own standards and they never seem to coincide. Let's not forget that recently, Electronic Arts was voted the most evil company in America ahead of Wal-Mart. And clearly these companies don't care if they're voted bad, as long as they can keep raking in the cash.

These lists are just fluff pieces written for publicity. Probably most companies are hated in one way or another.

I doubt any company wants to be listed as moost hated, it cant be good for business.

In the case of dish not only do customers but also employees hate dish. things like this are bad for morale

It seems like all these magazines and studies have their own standards and they never seem to coincide. Let's not forget that recently, Electronic Arts was voted the most evil company in America ahead of Wal-Mart. And clearly these companies don't care if they're voted bad, as long as they can keep raking in the cash.

What survey was that, and who did they ask? Gamers? I would say that EA (as a company) probably only crosses the mind of 5% or less of the population.

That's a shame for AA, wife did a 20 yr stint with them. Amr was always good to her & still continues to be.

All list will say different things so you can't say they are the most hated company :)

Here is an even better list.It's a google index of the 100 most complained about companies.

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/politics/most-hated-companies.htm

There are companies on that list that aren't in business anymore, like Wachovia. How old is that list? 5 years? Besides, Wachovia actually was a favored bank in customer satisfaction, right up until the crash in 2008.

I agree with the fluff theory. As we see with the above, when people disagree with a list, it is no good, but when you find a list that you agree with, it is better even if it is many years out of date. Lets just agree that we all would make up our own list.

As for the topic, Dish Network being number 2, I wouldn't agree since for one I have Dish Network and find it best suited for me. However, I would rate the customer service about a 60% for getting their job done. The nightmare I had with my buggy 622 really pulled them into the pits from a 100%. It's pretty bad when I had to go all the way to a VP in the company to get satisfaction.

Then, one of their reps at CES flat out lied to me and then insulted me about it last year I didn't see him there this year. Maybe he and his attitude got him fired.

dare I mention the lack of properly trained installers? Some of them I had to deal with put the company in a bad liability risk. I know some people who would have sued Dish in small claims court if they got an installation like I got one time.

The company does seem to piss off its customers, even those who openly support them. Heck I used to be a stock holder but after the insults and bad service I sold out. Ticked me off when I saw them in my portfolio as a reminder of the experience.

I am surprised Netflix didn't make the list. Guess they took enough beating last year. As a former stock holder, I really took a beating on Reed Hastings screwup. But, I like the product and remain a customer.

What survey was that, and who did they ask? Gamers? I would say that EA (as a company) probably only crosses the mind of 5% or less of the population.
It was a public survey done online, and some websites picked up on it and EA did better than some expected and probably a lot of gamers went online and pushed the vote over to EA's side. Quite frankly, in their field, EA is by FAR the most disgusting company, but my point was that these surveys/reports are not the best way to gauge company satisfaction if one of them has EA beating out a company that has had so many labor violations you'd think it ran in China..

There are companies on that list that aren't in business anymore, like Wachovia. How old is that list? 5 years? Besides, Wachovia actually was a favored bank in customer satisfaction, right up until the crash in 2008.

I agree with the fluff theory. As we see with the above, when people disagree with a list, it is no good, but when you find a list that you agree with, it is better even if it is many years out of date. Lets just agree that we all would make up our own list.

As for the topic, Dish Network being number 2, I wouldn't agree since for one I have Dish Network and find it best suited for me. However, I would rate the customer service about a 60% for getting their job done. The nightmare I had with my buggy 622 really pulled them into the pits from a 100%. It's pretty bad when I had to go all the way to a VP in the company to get satisfaction.

Then, one of their reps at CES flat out lied to me and then insulted me about it last year I didn't see him there this year. Maybe he and his attitude got him fired.

dare I mention the lack of properly trained installers? Some of them I had to deal with put the company in a bad liability risk. I know some people who would have sued Dish in small claims court if they got an installation like I got one time.

The company does seem to piss off its customers, even those who openly support them. Heck I used to be a stock holder but after the insults and bad service I sold out. Ticked me off when I saw them in my portfolio as a reminder of the experience.

I am surprised Netflix didn't make the list. Guess they took enough beating last year. As a former stock holder, I really took a beating on Reed Hastings screwup. But, I like the product and remain a customer.

It's from 2009,plainly states it at the top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)