Dish #2 most hated company in america

Dish aint a bad company to work for until you decide or are forced to leave.

You don't realize how much greener the grass is on the other side until your on the other side.

The biggest issue with dish is that they are constantly raising the bar and changing the rules.
In our tech meetings the common refrain was "moving target" Followed by "we are set up for failure".
The owner of the company would always reply to these type comments with "it is what it is".
When I left in March 2009, there were 24....Oops 23 techs. We'd average 60 jobs per day and 75 -80 on Saturdays.
The last time I paid them a visit to say Hello, they told me they had about 10 techs. Many very good techs just got fed up and left the business.
The big purge occurred when the "white van" mandate came down. Lots of guys just refused to go into debt( auto loan) to keep their job. Not with falling pay rates and longer hours doing rebuilds of jobs where all that was needed was to put the custy's tv back on the proper input.

In our tech meetings the common refrain was "moving target" Followed by "we are set up for failure".
The owner of the company would always reply to these type comments with "it is what it is".
When I left in March 2009, there were 24....Oops 23 techs. We'd average 60 jobs per day and 75 -80 on Saturdays.
The last time I paid them a visit to say Hello, they told me they had about 10 techs. Many very good techs just got fed up and left the business.
The big purge occurred when the "white van" mandate came down. Lots of guys just refused to go into debt( auto loan) to keep their job. Not with falling pay rates and longer hours doing rebuilds of jobs where all that was needed was to put the custy's tv back on the proper input.

I remember that mandate. It came just after I swore off Dish installs. It's fun watching a train wreck just so long as you're not on board.

Dish makes another "list"...

...And it ain't good.
Just posted today....
http://247wallst.com/2013/01/09/the-10-most-hated-companies-in-america-2/2/.
Sipped to include just the passage about Dish.
"2. Dish Network Corp. (NASDAQ: DISH)

Dish’s remarkably poor customer service ratings show up in more than one survey. Customers knock its record in both the ACSI and in the MSN Money/Zogby poll. In the latter, it makes the “hall of shame” as one of the 10 worst-rated companies. Dish further alienated itself from its customers last May when it dropped several channels, including AMC. Among the shows that went off the satellite service were the highly popular “Mad Men” and “Breaking Bad.” Employee ratings of their experiences at the company are as terrible of those of its customers. In a recent BusinessWeek story titled “The Meanest Company in America,” former and current employees called the environment created by the company’s founder as a “culture of condescension and distrust.” Glassdoor’s employee rating for Dish is among the worst in its entire survey that covers thousands of companies. Dish recently made an offer to buy broadband provider Clearwire, which would expand the satellite TV company’s broadband presence."

As a former tech, Dish seemed to target the field personnel as the ones to blame for the crappy ratings.
I also believe the people in the call centers are scapegoated as well.
The problem wiht Dish is BAD MANAGEMENT. That goes from the individual offices right on up to the Corp Offices in Littleton, CO.
There are far too many over paid, over stuffed 'Chiefs' who exist in a total disconnect from the customers and the workers who serve the customers.
I cannot fathom a business that treats like crap the very 'face of their company'.

Read more: The 10 Most Hated Companies in America - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/2013/01/09/the-10-most-hated-companies-in-america-2/#ixzz2UPY3DcLu

I don't feel its fair to blame the technicians or to say DISH doesn't care about its customer when the goal for customer satisfaction is a 9.7 out of 10. I tend to agree it has been mostly upper management missing the mark on what consumers want. Recently, at least internally, I seen a positive direction moving forward in my office.

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Hatchet job, ignoring some positive marks on customer service in favor of old stuff.

But that's not to say there isn't a lot of truth there.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I get a feeling this article has already been discussed here...I mean, it is almost 5 months old.

I have a feeling some companies pay other companies to post negative stuff about their competition online.

Nice gig if you can get it I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well...If it wasn't for satguys,and Dirt,the Dish customer service would rate much,much lower,for me.If I had to deal with foreign speaking csrs only,I would also rate them low.

AFter DISH 's latest increase for the Hopper Dvr fee and the increase for a second hopper , I imagine that quite a few will think some negative thoughts about DISH. Lucky for us we are all "grandfathered" in our fees ....for now. GOD only knows how long that is in DISH terms.

I have a feeling some companies pay other companies to post negative stuff about their competition online.

Would it not be a pisser if someone could actually find proof that was being done?
Wow, now that would be one hell of a scandal.
I think however, the issue is not limited to customer service.
I noted this story to bring light to the plight of the typical Dish line worker. The ones who actually deal with the customers on a daily basis. Especially the techs.

I remember at times when it was pretty bad a few years ago. Granted part of my happiness is due to DIRT, Dish has gotten better IMO. I actually like their website better now too, I don't get the "you must call to make this programming change" like on Directv whenever I want to dump Showtime. Then I have to call in and get some BS about not cancelling.

They all have their issues, but Ive been OK with Dish and Directv lately.

Exactly. I know for a fact the HT forums like Home Theater Shack and AVS have paid plants to push a product/down a product with their drivel, you are kidding yourself if you think that doesnt happen here.

I'm with you there. The DIRT and social network (Facebook and Twitter) teams are extremely fast and responsive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)