DISH 2016 CES Press Event

They make a drop saver. Nothing more than a weather-seal cap that screws on to the fitting. I plan on doing that and stuffing the wires down in the pole. Also put a dab of dielectric grease in there as well.

drop saver.JPG

They make a drop saver. Nothing more than a weather-seal cap that screws on to the fitting. I plan on doing that and stuffing the wires down in the pole. Also put a dab of dielectric grease in there as well.
And THAT was exactly what I as looking for when I was asking about options on the "New LNBf" thread and Harshness was harshing my mellow. Thank you!

Reactions: stardust3
Never knew there was such a thing. I don't know whether if I would use the dielectric grease though.

There are many arguments on the use of dielectric grease. There is also a lot of documentation proving its benefits. Most of those that are against it don't like it because it's messy, they put too much on it. I have a big syringe filled with dielectric grease, like the kind of syringe used on livestock. I cut the sharp point off of it. It allows for easy application without the mess. Lightly coat the threads and a little on the stinger.

I've been in the habit for a long time now using it on anything outdoors and coax related. Many people will only finger tighten their connections, that isn't good enough. Snugging with a wrench and a little grease will ensure a weather tight seal for years to come.

And THAT was exactly what I as looking for when I was asking about options on the "New LNBf" thread and Harshness was harshing my mellow. Thank you!

Do you have a P/N, manufacturer info, link to the site, etc for the drop saver?

Drop savers are used heavily by the cable companies. I had a hard time finding any for sale. This was the only link I could find....http://www.broadbandproducts.com/prod_weather.html

I have many friends in the business and always had a good supply. If you can't find any or are not able to hit up a cable guy for a few. Another alternative would be an f 81 connector and a terminator like what's pictured below.
f81.JPG terminator.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts