Dish 21.0 remote availability ?

Someone please tell me the difference of this remote and the original that came with the 622. What exactly is a two way remote??

I need to know because I am about to order one.:)

I did earlier today. It said something about saving the settings on the current dvr.

Just to clear things up a little, I have installed a few 222k receivers with these. I have also played with the remote a little. The 2 way features do not work with any receiver except the 222k (and the 722k when it is released). I have no clue if this can be fixed with software updates for the other receivers. With that said, the remotes will work as standard 1 way learning remotes for all ViP series and DP/DPP series receivers (with the exception of a UHF remote set to Band B will only work with ViP). I have no clue which Legacy receivers it may or may not work with.

The 2 way features allow you to save remote settings (Device Codes, Learned buttons, etc.) in the receiver, and save receiver settings (timers, prefs, etc) in the remote. This can be very useful if either the remote or receiver need to be replaced as you will not have to go in and set all of your settings.

I got this from the tech chat. It will not work with the 622? I will ask again. What is a 2 way remote??
New 2 way learning remote comes with the 222 & 722. (Available in December)
Has a Search Key
4 Color Buttons for future use
2 way feature's let you store data on the remote from the Set Top Box and lets the Set Top Box transmit data to the remote. (if you have to replace either the STB or Remote, you will not lose your settings)

This remote(21.0) will be available to existing customers also, has 100's of new codes and it is a learning remote, you can teach it with your existing IR A/V remote. (available in December)
(note: the learning remote function's will not be available initially on the ViP222K

Just to clear things up a little, I have installed a few 222k receivers with these. I have also played with the remote a little. The 2 way features do not work with any receiver except the 222k (and the 722k when it is released). I have no clue if this can be fixed with software updates for the other receivers. With that said, the remotes will work as standard 1 way learning remotes for all ViP series and DP/DPP series receivers (with the exception of a UHF remote set to Band B will only work with ViP). I have no clue which Legacy receivers it may or may not work with.

The 2 way features allow you to save remote settings (Device Codes, Learned buttons, etc.) in the receiver, and save receiver settings (timers, prefs, etc) in the remote. This can be very useful if either the remote or receiver need to be replaced as you will not have to go in and set all of your settings.

Gotcha. Thanks!!

I got this from the tech chat. It will not work with the 622? I will ask again. What is a 2 way remote??

Yes it will, 622s and 722s both have the software. To use the 2-way feature, press menu twice and select next and you will have the screen to transfer data between the remote and the receiver.

Just reviewed my dish activity and look what I found...

dotHRLong.png

• REMOTE CONTROL $19.99
  • SHIPPING AND HANDLING $5.95
  • CREDIT CARD PAYMENT $25.94
I hope this is the correct remote!

The remotes have still not released to retailers.

Also remember there are two types of these new remotes. One of them is IR only and the other does UHF/IR.

Great News for Olevia HDTV Owners

As I stated earlier, I paid $27.54 with S/H. Maybe I had to pay sales tax? Whatever, but here is the good news..

I just got it delivered and went to program it for my Olevia HDTV.

IT WORKS!!!

I have not played with the 2 way thing yet but I will tonight. I scanned for the code by hitting the up arrow (1 push per second as the instructions say) and after about 80 to 100 pushes, the TV turned off.

I then used it to turn the TV back on and check to see that it worked the volume. It did!!

This is very good news!

The remotes have still not released to retailers.

Also remember there are two types of these new remotes. One of them is IR only and the other does UHF/IR.

There is a small switch in the battery compartment that switches it from IR to UHF. Mine was set up for TV2 (UHF) but I wanted it to be an IR remote. I flipped the little tab from TV2 back to TV1 and flipped the switch.

So the one remote works both ways depending on how you set it up.

There is a small switch in the battery compartment that switches it from IR to UHF. Mine was set up for TV2 (UHF) but I wanted it to be an IR remote. I flipped the little tab from TV2 back to TV1 and flipped the switch.

So the one remote works both ways depending on how you set it up.

I assume it will work both the UHF and IR simultaneously, otherwise how would it work the TV volume for TV2.

As I stated earlier, I paid $27.54 with S/H. Maybe I had to pay sales tax? Whatever, but here is the good news..

I just got it delivered and went to program it for my Olevia HDTV.

IT WORKS!!!

I have not played with the 2 way thing yet but I will tonight. I scanned for the code by hitting the up arrow (1 push per second as the instructions say) and after about 80 to 100 pushes, the TV turned off.

I then used it to turn the TV back on and check to see that it worked the volume. It did!!

This is very good news!

What other functions does it do on the TV? Or do we have to input any other functions to the 21.0 from the TV remote?
Dan

I assume it will work both the UHF and IR simultaneously, otherwise how would it work the TV volume for TV2.

This would be true for any TV2 Dish remote. IR for the TV and UHF to the receiver somewhere else in the house.

What other functions does it do on the TV? Or do we have to input any other functions to the 21.0 from the TV remote?
Dan

I won't be back near the TV until tonight. I will then experiment as to what else it works on the TV.

But I did not use the TV remote to set up the new remote. I just did a manual scan and found the correct code. Also, I know what you are saying as it was talked about in these forums but I saw nothing in the set up instructions about this remote learning from the original TV remote. It just seems to have more codes programmed into the remote than any previous Dish remote.

BTW.. It was delivered in less than 48 hours from the time I ordered it. Lightning fast shipping!

They worked via scanning for my 2 Olevias as well.:up I ordered 3 of 'em--I have 2 Olevias and my sister has one. Two showed up yesterday but not the 3rd.I don't know if this would be the correct code for all Olevias but for the 242T & the 247TFHD the code is 578. I tried forever to get one to control my Sony AV receiver with no consistent results via known codes in 722 manual, scanning and the learning function. Frankly, I'm just thrilled to be able to control the TVs & 622/722.:) Pretty dumb of Dish to send them with no instruction booklet.:rolleyes:

Ed

They worked via scanning for my 2 Olevias as well.:up I ordered 3 of 'em--I have 2 Olevias and my sister has one. Two showed up yesterday but not the 3rd.I don't know if this would be the correct code for all Olevias but for the 242T & the 247TFHD the code is 578. I tried forever to get one to control my Sony AV receiver with no consistent results via known codes in 722 manual, scanning and the learning function. Frankly, I'm just thrilled to be able to control the TVs & 622/722.:) Pretty dumb of Dish to send them with no instruction booklet.:rolleyes:

Ed

How much control, other then vol. and mute, do you have for your tv?
Dan

Uh, let's see..........

That I KNOW so far: (in TV mode)

Power
Volume
Mute
Input
Channel Up/Down
Menu
Cancel
Info

These all became functional after entering the code (578 for my Olevias) or scanning to get to it. In SAT mode it controls just Power, Volume & Mute, of course. Hope this helps.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)